Rumor: Dodgers & Sox discussing Sale & Frazier

DirtySox

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
I feel like Sale gets any prospect in baseball. Sox should identify the one prospect in baseball they want and build from there. Is Urias really the guy? I dunno if that wows me after watching him struggle against the cubs' weak lineup.

That's funny ripping a 20 year old pitcher with only 70 innings in the majors because he couldn't handle Cubs in the Playoffs. They couldn't touch him the first 3innings of that game. That 4th inning issue was the error made in LF by Tholes. Didn't get any help from his defense. Urias will be a stud.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
I feel like Sale gets any prospect in baseball. Sox should identify the one prospect in baseball they want and build from there. Is Urias really the guy? I dunno if that wows me after watching him struggle against the cubs' weak lineup.

He's the best pitching prospect in baseball.

I really don't see Urias involved in a hypothetical Sale/Frazier. I think Friedman holds his ground there. However, I think a package like the following is possible.

De Leon

Bellinger

Verdugo

Alvarez

Calhoun

Barnes

Sheffield

That's four guys who could help at some point next year, along with three high-upside guys little further out. IMO, that's an absolute haul even if it's lacking that one blue chipper you'd ideally like.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
I really don't see Urias involved in a hypothetical Sale/Frazier. I think Friedman holds his ground there. However, I think a package like the following is possible.

De Leon

Bellinger

Verdugo

Alvarez

Calhoun

Barnes

Sheffield

That's four guys who could help at some point next year, along with three high-upside guys little further out. IMO, that's an absolute haul even if it's lacking that one blue chipper you'd ideally like.

A Sale trade without the phrase "blue chipper" involved was a failure.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)

De Leon

Bellinger

Verdugo

Alvarez

Calhoun

Barnes

Sheffield

De Leon already 25 ...............Urias in deal or forget it, talks begin with him.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
A Sale trade without the phrase "blue chipper" involved was a failure.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
De Leon already 25 ...............Urias in deal or forget it, talks begin with him.

Yes, exactly. If you do not get Urias, this deal is a complete failure.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)

De Leon

Bellinger

Verdugo

Alvarez

Calhoun

Barnes

Sheffield

You absolutely get Urias back or no deal. He can hold whatever ground he wants. He won't get Sale without giving up Urias.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
Urias, Bellinger, Verdugo, Lux, Alvarez, and Puig should do it.

People, you have to factor in that LA could/will probably offer Frazier a QO after the season too. That alone draws value as well.

I'd be stoked on that package. Move Quintana to Boston then for Benitendi, Kopech, and Groome.

How sick would our future look with Urias, Groome, Kopech, Alvarez, Benitendi, Berlinger, Verdugo, Lux, and whatever else we get from eventually flipping Puig.

Then move on and trade Robertson, Melky, Jones, Abreu, and even Easton if you can get a haul.

It would literally be an unprecedented rebuild.

Edited by hi8is

Look, I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with a package built around four BA top 100 prospects (two of which are top 25 guys, another is a top 50), a 20 year old ranked as their #1 prospect by Fangraphs, a 2017 first round comp pick, and a sleeper catching prospect just begging for an opportunity. If Chris Sale wasn't the primary trade piece, I'd feel ridiculous putting all those names in one proposal.

Honestly, if blue chippers like Benintendi, Bergman, & Urias are off the table, this is about as good as a deal as we can get.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:04 PM)
I'd be stoked on that package. Move Quintana to Boston then for Benitendi, Kopech, and Groome.

How sick would our future look with Urias, Groome, Kopech, Alvarez, Benitendi, Berlinger, Verdugo, Lux, and whatever else we get from eventually flipping Puig.

Then move on and trade Robertson, Melky, Jones, Abreu, and even Easton if you can get a haul.

I'm very excited to see what this farm system looks like in 2 months...hell could be a few weeks if this heats up like it seems like.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 08:04 PM)

The key really is to move those other 5 guys too for decent pieces, particularly Jones and Eaton. Otherwise, you're just the Dodgers farm system, with 3 Red Sox prospects.

We really need to get about 15-18 quality prospects out of this.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 08:13 PM)
The key really is to move those other 5 guys too for decent pieces, particularly Jones and Eaton. Otherwise, you're just the Dodgers farm system, with 3 Red Sox prospects.

We really need to get about 15-18 quality prospects out of this.

+1

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:10 PM)
Look, I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with a package built around four BA top 100 prospects (two of which are top 25 guys, another is a top 50), a 20 year old ranked as their #1 prospect by Fangraphs, a 2017 first round comp pick, and a sleeper catching prospect just begging for an opportunity. If Chris Sale wasn't the primary trade piece, I'd feel ridiculous putting all those names in one proposal.

Honestly, if blue chippers like Benintendi, Bergman, & Urias are off the table, this is about as good as a deal as we can get.

I thought Urias was offered at the deadline?