Braves among teams showing interest in chris sale

Whisox05

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)
Sorry, I know it's not a popular opinion, but I'm just not a fan of Inciarte. I think he is one of those guys that the metrics love but just isn't actually worth what the imperfect metrics say. If we're dealing with Atlanta I want Swanson, Maitan, and some pitching. Not really interested in Inciarte.

He's not a good hitter. He's a throw in like a Swithart on the RedSox side.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 05:11 PM)

Behahahahahahhaha - dude hit like 295 with an obp of 350 or something with around 20DRS and what 20 sb at a premium CF position. Yea... f*** that throw in. 😆😆😆😆

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
Behahahahahahhaha - dude hit like 295 with an obp of 350 or something with around 20DRS and what 20 sb at a premium CF position. Yea... f*** that throw in. 😆😆😆😆

Him and Eaton together in that outfield and at the top of the lineup..

Make it happen Hahn!

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
Him and Eaton together in that outfield and at the top of the lineup..

Make it happen Hahn!

Without considering any other movement - 2017 would look like this...

CF - Incarte

RF - Eaton

1B - Abreu

3B - Fraizer

2B - Swanson

LF - Melky

SS - Anderson

C - unknown

DH - unknown

Quintana, Rodon, Gonzales, Shields, Fulmer or pitcher from braves trade

Make a s*** ton of more moves and keep it coming. Fills two holes for the rest of this decade and gives us some more depth in our farm. Would be a good start.

Edited by hi8is

Just looked at Archer's contract. 5 years/ $39 million. The Rays should be able to command about the same if not more for Archer than Sale. I don't think its likely Archer goes anywhere so realistically, that should be one less likely alternative to Sale. Rays would likely put a higher price on Archer for the Red Sox than the White Sox would to the Red Sox since they are in the same division.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 08:00 AM)
Archer isn't as good as Sale

I agree. Archer also had a down year and has 2 more years of control. Point is, teams will likely try to buy him based on the season he had last year and the Rays will likely try wait and deal him like at the value he was previous years. I don't see him as an easy to trade for candidate. Now Sonny Gray, he shouldn't really be in the convo (though with an injury plagued 2016, I doubt he gets moved now either).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)

Yea might as well improve the pitching by throwing great defense out there after we trade Sale and Q. DOH !

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)

He ended the year on a hot streak, but he was hitting terribly around the all-star break (which is why you might think he can't hit). Turned it on after the break and had a pretty good year overall. His defense keeps his value afloat no matter what though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
He ended the year on a hot streak, but he was hitting terribly around the all-star break (which is why you might think he can't hit). Turned it on after the break and had a pretty good year overall. His defense keeps his value afloat no matter what though.

I think he started the year on the dl for what it's worth.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...p;year=&t=b

May was his bad month. Everything else, he was decent to pretty good

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
How is everyone seeing "Swanson and Maitan should be starting points" and somehow ignoring Dansby Swanson's name? He's a GREAT starting point in his own right. So why not take a generational talent along with him, even if he's 4 or 5 years away? You don't want the Braves top prospect because he's too young? The fact that he's so young and thought of so highly should tell you enough.

I wouldn't want Maitan is the ONLY centerpiece of the deal, but you're still getting Dansby friggin Swanson.

Sounds good to me.

I haven't seen any realistic proposals with 2 Swansons, which seems to be the objection here.