Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals per Rosenthal

DirtySox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
Robles is a CF with superstar potential, while Giolito has legit ace upside. Both guys are universally considered top 10 to 15 prospects. And just for reference, he are some familiar names from BA's midseaon top 100 list:

1. Moncada

4. Giolito

5. Turner

7. Swanson

8. Bregman

9. Benintendi

13. Robles

People keep saying they need a Turner, Benintendi, or Bregman headliner, but I'd argue that Giolito & Robles are basically on that same level just with more downside risk. Regardless, the only pair of prospects that would be a better get would be Moncada & Benintendi. If Hahn pulls this off with at least one of Lopez/Fedde and some other positional pieces in the package, I will beyond f***ing ecstatic.

Yeah 2 of the top 13 in baseball is pretty nice. I'd rather the top piece not be a pitcher, but this deal will largely depend on what the end of the deal looks like. There are nice pitching pieces like Fedde and Lopez. A guy like Pedro Severino makes a ton of sense for a catching starved franchise, and a Reetz a bit further behind.. They have a boat load of position players the Sox could use, those most of the top guys are years away. They also have some interesting international guys that might make a deal sweeter too, such as Juan Soto or Anderson Franco.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
The funny thing is the Rosenthal/Heyman reports are clearly direct Sox leaks to induce bidding so either Garfein has a very truthful, lower level source or a bad one.

All though you would think that the Sox would coordinate that with their local guys.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
With these tweets, I fully expect a deal done in the next 24 hours and very possibly later tonight. Sox aren't going to leak that the Nationals are close unless they are seriously considering an offer from them. This is going to be a very interesting night for us.

To be fair, after the way the Nationals screwed the Sox at the deadline a few years ago, I don't think they feel bad using Rizzo.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 47s48 seconds ago Maryland, USA

If Sale is eventually traded, today, next few days, next few weeks, you start thinking how deep on the roster the rebuild could run

Trade it all!

I'm liking what the team mouthpiece is selling of late.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
Strikeouts are cool. But so are position players.

It's not like we have any pitching prospects either besides Hansen, Adams, Fulmer (possible reliever), and Burdi (reliever).

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
It Hasbro be their best for one of the best pitchers in the game

I won't be surprised if the front office blinks. There's a reason most here didn't want them trading Sale. The whole reasoning behind not settling at the deadline was that JR had the opportunity to clean house in the front office at the end of the season and get competent people in here to start the fire sale. But I guess it's too optimistic to expect that to happen.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Just not a fan of Giolito. Oh well, clear the big name guys are unavailable

Why, the TJS? Guys who throw upper 90s with a hard curve don't come around every day.

Edited by Ro Da Don

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
Hahn should tell the Red Sox & Astros the door closes by midnight. Don't give them or the Nationals time to consider other alternatives. Pressure Boston or Houston to top Washington in the next few hours or I say accept this Giolito/Robles offer.

Absurd. They're already settling by not getting one of the big name players. There is no need to rush this.