Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

I'm still not ruling out a 3 way trade involving the Mets. If the Sox did actually ask for Conforto, I could see him coming to the Sox with prospects from Pirates as well:

Mets get McCutchen, Robertson

Pirates get Q

Sox get Conforto, Glasnow, Keller, Smith, Dunn

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
I'd say Pittsburgh is in the lead but well see if Houston ponies up or if New York is like Boston and tops everyone.

That's the way I feel.

I think Cashman is sitting back saying, no, this is the new way, we need to develop from within, doesn't matter what others are doing the yankees are doing this the right waAAAARRRR I AM YANKEE I HAVE BEST PLAYER NOW

How do you figure? Moncada > Meadows and Kopech > Glasnow. Hayes and Keller are better than Basabe and Diaz but I think it's fair.

Moncada and Meadows are very close, could really go either way on those two.

Glasnow > Kopech. Again close but clear advantage for proximity to majors and LHP

Hayes and Diaz>>>Basabe and Diaz. Catchers.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)
Exactly. Their rotation would be very good along with their lineup. Quintana, Cole, Nova, Taillon, and Kuhl/Hutchison/Williams is a formidable 5.

Maybe signing of Nova is a sign that they will be going for it with McCuthen's last 2 seasons with them.

Quintana and Jennings for Meadows, Glasnow, Escobar, and Diaz

why are we giving away Jennings? Dunn just got $19MM with a fourth-year club/vesting option worth $6MM and a likely buy out. Jennings this past year alone put up .9 fWAR to Dunn's .3 and still has 3 years of control left and won't even be 30 on opening day.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
I could have sworn there was a tweet recently that said they had no intention of trading Meadows because he is the heir apparent to Cutch

That was from me. Yesterday afternoon we googled "possible trade Quintana Pirates" and several articles came up. I think the one I referenced was from Ian Brown of MLB. Not positive. Anyway, it said Pitt was reluctant to trade Meadows because McCutch might go somewhere.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
I'm still not ruling out a 3 way trade involving the Mets. If the Sox did actually ask for Conforto, I could see him coming to the Sox with prospects from Pirates as well:

Pirates get Q

I like the 3-way trade thought, but that's a lot going out from the Pirates only to get Q. If they're trading McCutchen, they probably want multiple young pieces themselves..and keep them.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
A Meadows/Glasnow/Hayes/Diaz package would be ok, IMO. I'd like Keller too if possible.

Ok? Getting two top 10 prospects, plus 2 more very interesting guys that are far from flyers would be an outstanding trade.

That said, I wouldn't mind finding a way to get Newman in the deal. He excites me. Keller as well.

There is definitely a good package to be made out of that group of 6, or 7 including Bell.

Meadows has to be the headliner, or I want the other 6, even though I know that won't happen.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
My guess is its out in the agentsphere that Pirates are in on Quintana. This reminds me of the Nats so much.

Pirates and even the Cards look pretty good to me (especially if Q goes to PIT). Cards just need to stay healthy. That's what really hurt them last year.

Pirates get Q

I think this makes a lot of sense, and Hahn has a history of 3 way trades.

Pirates get Q

WE NEED BATS! Conforto doesn't cut it for me as the only bat coming back for Q.

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
PIT seems to making a legit push. does anyone think the Bucs would part with 2 of the 3 for Quintana?

Glasnow

Meadows

Bell

Probably at least one of Meadows/Glasnow and one of Bell/Newman plus two lower level guys.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
The Pirates could easily have decided that 2 years of control on their entire OF has made Meadows expendable and that Quintana is the perfect target for them to pursue with Meadows as a huge chip.

Exactly. Plus, if Nova and Quintana continue to pitch good and the season for some reason, isn't going how they planned, they could deal Quintana, Nova, McCutchen, etc. over the next year or two.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
Probably at least one of Meadows/Glasnow and one of Bell/Newman plus two lower level guys.

this is what i'm thinking too. Bell and Newman are intriguing players. one plays 1B and the other is a SS. both positions which we already have filled going into next year.