2018 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

3 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Not everyone is going to feel comfortable cheering for a pedophile. I did not root for Brett Myers (domestic abuse) to have success after the Sox traded for him in 2012. Heimlich deserves the opportunity to pursue a career in major league baseball, but I too hope it is not with the White Sox.

That’s what happens when you overlook character to add talent...karma turns him into Devenski on another team.

5 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Haven't you been excusing him because some people that have molested children were molested as children?  Seems a similar story.

That's actually scientific. Read herehere, and here if you're interested in learning about it.

3 hours ago, Dam8610 said:

Please find his criminal record.

Come on man.  I don't care about semantics in a case that involves the molestation of a child. It is a hard line for me.  You will never see me support him or anyone of his ilk.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

91-95 with fastball (mostly 92), all 6 hitters have hit ground balls.  No swings and misses so far.

He looks like he always does to me. Solid fastball, putting it where he wants, but nothing overwhelming. I just wish he had more of an out-pitch. I guess I don't get the Singer love that Baseball America/MLB Pipeline have.

Looks like a totally different pitcher from when I last saw a lot of him in last year's CWS, and not in a good way. Velocity down 3-4 mph from that game.  His change up looks better, but I think announcer is confusing it with a fastball due to lack of fastball velocity.  

Honestly wouldn't mind going with Liberatore. Pick a high upside guy for cripes sake. Madrigal, India, Bohm, and Singer seem pretty meh to me. Wouldn't mind taking a guy with a higher chance of busting if he has much higher upside than the guys who I think profile as average major leaguers at best.  You need to hit a HR at the top of the draft, even if there is a higher chance of striking out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Honestly wouldn't mind going with Liberatore. Pick a high upside guy for cripes sake. Madrigal, India and Bohm, and Singer seem pretty meh to me. 

The first three college guys you mentioned have some decent upside.

4 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

The first three college guys you mentioned have some decent upside.

I think they profile as ML Regulars at best. I want them to go for a guy who could be a star. It is a shitty draft at the top, I'm ok with them taking that kind of risk in a bad draft where everyone from roughly 2-20 are on the same level. To reiterate, try to hit a homer, even if there is a greater chance of striking out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think they profile as ML Regulars at best. I want them to go for a guy who could be a star. It is a shitty draft at the top, I'm ok with them taking that kind of risk in a bad draft where everyone from roughly 2-20 are on the same level. To reiterate, try to hit a homer, even if there is a greater chance of striking out. 

What? I could see the upside of Bohm or Madrigal as 5 WAR players, maybe even better.

Re: Madrigal, using the grades from Fangraphs and the scale Kiley put out explaining grades, they're basically saying they think he'll be a .300ish hitter with an .800-.850 OPS, 20-20 potential, and gold glove caliber defense at 2B, which could be above average or plus at SS and 3B as well. That sounds like a 5 WAR player to me.