2018 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

Yea.  I just don't understand what I'm missing with Singer.  I think I've watched 6 starts this year and I've come away just meh every time. The fastball velocity concerns me despite the movement it has.  The slider and changeup show-up at times, but they aren't super consistent out pitches. I just can't get excited about spending the number 4 pick on him.

Just now, DirtySox said:

Yea.  I just don't understand what I'm missing with Singer.  I think I've watched 6 starts this year and I've come away just meh every time. The fastball velocity concerns me despite the movement it has.  The slider and changeup show-up at times, but they aren't super consistent out pitches. I just can't get excited about spending the number 4 pick on him.

Extremely unimpressed. Hangs a lot of offspeed pitches and he absolutely lost his velocity after 30 pitches. If you didn't know better, you would think he profiles as a 2nd or 3rd rounder

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I think it's a combination of recent school pedigree and name recognition propping him up. I can't explain it any other way.

1 minute ago, BlackSox13 said:

Didn't know Singer's stuff had fallen off so much. I haven't watched the game tonight but I'll take everyone's word that he's just not impressive.

I wanted to like him, I really did. His stuff was extremely average.  India on the other hand looks great.

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

I wanted to like him, I really did. His stuff was extremely average.  India on the other hand looks great.

India is the guy I'd love for us to pick, but I highly doubt we will. I've prepared myself for Madrigal 

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

McClanahan has higher upside to me, and he hasn't been mentioned in the Top 5 in a while.

I was on the McClanahan train for a while, either would be fine with me. With McClanahan, he has some major control issues. Again, I'd take him over Singer 7 days of the week and twice on Sunday. I just think that it is more acceptable to draft Liberatore top 10 than it would be McClanahan, I saw a mock draft(I think fangraphs) that had McClanahan at 37. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was on the McClanahan train for a while, either would be fine with me. With McClanahan, he has some major control issues. Again, I'd take him over Singer 7 days of the week and twice on Sunday. I just think that it is more acceptable to draft Liberatore top 10 than it would be McClanahan, I saw a mock draft(I think fangraphs) that had McClanahan at 37. 

I think two of the mocks on Friday had him going 21st to the Brewers.

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Wow, he has a nice fluid, easy swing. It's obvious why his contact/hit tool is so highly rated. He won't generate much power but the contact should be outstanding.

I see there is another Broussard at LSU.

Edited by ptatc

14 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

So watching Heimlich, it might just be tonight but it's not like he looks overly impressive anyways

What makes you say that?

7 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Maybe he's the Californian Ichiro. The contact is impressive. Another single.

Careful, don't want to set expectations too high. Ichiro is a likely Hall of Famer.

2 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

What makes you say that?

Careful, don't want to set expectations too high. Ichiro is a likely Hall of Famer.

Heimlich has been all over the place tonight, not sure if he's struck out a batter in a laborious two innings. I'll readily admit it's the first time I've seen him, but his stuff doesn't look electric considering the numbers I know he's put up.

I will say I've been impressed watching Madrigal their two games in the tourney