Update: Luis Robert has been cleared according to Rosenthal

maggsmaggs

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 04:09 PM)

Choice quotin's

Nearly all teams appeared to have someone there (and many of them had multiple club officials on hand), though the teams over their bonus pool and the White Sox are the ones that appear the most likely to sign Robert.

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/internation...DS4iWLipAqDm.99

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 04:26 PM)
I will officially be extremely disappointed now if we dont sign him. There has been too much talk about us being the favorites that I already have him penciled in to my 2019 lineup.

Agree. In this rebuild mode, signing a choice latam prospect or targeted draft pick is our world series. And I am not just happy to be there!

So is this guys going to go by Luis Moirán once he gets to the states? Kind of like Jose Abreu going by Jose Dariel before he came over.

Or more like Yasiel Puig Valdez sticking with Yasiel Puig?

Just curious. Not sure what is customary for the Cubans.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)
Agree. In this rebuild mode, signing a choice latam prospect or targeted draft pick is our world series. And I am not just happy to be there!

With the Sox committing to the rebuild, and the system's lack of impact position player talent (outside of Moncada and Collins), it almost feels like this is a race the Sox need to win...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 04:38 PM)
With the Sox committing to the rebuild, and the system's lack of impact position player talent (outside of Moncada and Collins), it almost feels like this is a race the Sox need to win...

Absolutely

Sign him.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 06:33 PM)
I don't think we're gonna suck enough for beer :(

I don't think when it is all said and done, Beer is a 1-1 guy. Still top of the draft, but corner OF/1B defensively mediocre guys haven't been going that high in recent years.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 05:40 PM)
I don't think when it is all said and done, Beer is a 1-1 guy. Still top of the draft, but corner OF/1B defensively mediocre guys haven't been going that high in recent years.

yeah from the sounds of it, its unlikely he goes 1-1. But it sounds like it will be a great draft to have a top 5 pick.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 06:40 PM)

This. Beer could easily fall some slots.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 04:34 PM)
So is this guys going to go by Luis Moirán once he gets to the states? Kind of like Jose Abreu going by Jose Dariel before he came over.

Or more like Yasiel Puig Valdez sticking with Yasiel Puig?

Just curious. Not sure what is customary for the Cubans.

When Micker Adolfo signed, he was known as Micker Zapata. Now Carlos Sanchez wants to be known as "Yolmer."

A lot of Latin players change their names for whatever reason.