President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 02:18 PM)
Hard to push that after a majority of that crowd is running around with Nazi arm bands and Fascist symbolism.

WTF are some Americans embracing Nazi-ism? I mean were these people born in sewers? Good luck getting a job ever and functioning in society if you are proclaiming yourself a Nazi. I mean your future is in one place: Jail.

Hopefully these Nazis will be willing to boast about their affiliation so as to never get hired again. I mean out yourselves, proud Nazis. Tell the world who you are. Ridiculous.

This horrible rally and the injuries/deaths stole the headlines from the Korea krap for a day or two. That's ready to blow up again anyday now as well. Let there be peace on earth please.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 09:51 AM)
WTF are some Americans embracing Nazi-ism? I mean were these people born in sewers? Good luck getting a job ever and functioning in society if you are proclaiming yourself a Nazi. I mean your future is in one place: Jail.

Hopefully these Nazis will be willing to boast about their affiliation so as to never get hired again. I mean out yourselves, proud Nazis. Tell the world who you are. Ridiculous.

Social media has already got a couple of the rally goers canned from their jobs. Better stick to the hoods fellas.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
Social media has already got a couple of the rally goers canned from their jobs. Better stick to the hoods fellas.

Good. An employer owes it to America to fire anybody who is a Nazi.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 09:27 AM)
What is Jesse Waters saying?

You can probably imagine. The leftists were pushing violence, this is all just a ploy by democrats to attack Donald Trump, etc etc.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 09:55 AM)
You can probably imagine. The leftists were pushing violence, this is all just a ploy by democrats to attack Donald Trump, etc etc.

A week or two ago, he was talking about how "many" people wish Trump was a dictator.

He was portraying this in a positive light.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 09:51 AM)
WTF are some Americans embracing Nazi-ism? I mean were these people born in sewers?

Emily Ngo @epngo

"Mr. President, do you condemn all white supremacists?": among reporters' Qs for POTUS as he returns to DC for the day. He didn't answer.

9:45 AM - Aug 14, 2017

trump finally denounced the Nazis 48 hours after their terrorist attack

why it took him 48 hours when he managed to attack the Merck CEO immediately remains a ~mystery~

and he kicked off his 2 minute speech by praising himself and the economy for 30 seconds first

took zero questions, too.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)

why it took him 48 hours when he managed to attack the Merck CEO immediately remains a ~mystery~

and he kicked off his 2 minute speech by praising himself and the economy for 30 seconds first

Someone should ask Trump about why the stock market almost tripling under Obama pales in comparison to what "he" has done.

Trump is really a buffoon. Instead of trying to hold on to his base of deplorables, he should be trying to win the majority of American hearts. He's truly clueless if he thinks he'll win another election in 2020. Sans a democrat throw of course.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 12:28 PM)
Trump is really a buffoon. Instead of trying to hold on to his base of deplorables, he should be trying to win the majority of American hearts. He's truly clueless if he thinks he'll win another election in 2020. Sans a democrat throw of course.

For better or worse, Trump is married to his base. He has zero chance of winning over anyone who isn't already in his camp.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)

Finally? He did it right away, but enough whiners hit the "street" and voila, he cow towed to you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)
For better or worse, Trump is married to his base. He has zero chance of winning over anyone who isn't already in his camp.

All candidates are married to his/her base. What is Trump's base exactly?

QUOTE (brett05 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 12:45 PM)
Finally? He did it right away, but enough whiners hit the "street" and voila, he cow towed to you.

Nah, he did that "many sides" bulls*** and refused to explicitly condemn Nazis until two days after one of them murdered another American in a terrorist attack. But you know this.

and btw, it's kowtowed.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
This is probably the biggest lie of all of them. There have been post after post equating all Trump voters/supporer to this and anything else done with racial overtones.

Well you have to admit, when a candidate gets public support by hate groups and Nazis, might be time to question why you support said candidate.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
This is probably the biggest lie of all of them. There have been post after post equating all Trump voters/supporer to this and anything else done with racial overtones.

Nope. Balta and I were pretty clearly making a different point, but you guys couldn't help beating up a bunch of strawmen. What was said was that all of Trump's white nationalism wasn't enough to prevent them from voting Trump for whatever other reasons they may have supported him. Not really interested in pointing out that different a couple dozen times again, though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)

I think this is probably right. Considering things are going reasonably well in the economy (though productivity is low), and his support continuing to crater, it seems like there are fewer remedies to win people back.

I'd say one remedy would literally be cause less drama. When his support ticks back up it's when he has relatively light weeks of coverage. But he loves coverage!

In terms of actual things happening, I don't see anything short of a major manufacturing revival getting people to feel okay with someone who just brings so much daily baggage into the countries lives.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 12:56 PM)
Nope. Balta and I were pretty clearly making a different point, but you guys couldn't help beating up a bunch of strawmen. What was said was that all of Trump's white nationalism wasn't enough to prevent them from voting Trump for whatever other reasons they may have supported him. Not really interested in pointing out that different a couple dozen times again, though.

No matter how you try to justify being on both side here, it isn't true.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 12:58 PM)
I think this is probably right. Considering things are going reasonably well in the economy (though productivity is low), and his support continuing to crater, it seems like there are fewer remedies to win people back.

I'd say one remedy would literally be cause less drama. When his support ticks back up it's when he has relatively light weeks of coverage. But he loves coverage!

In terms of actual things happening, I don't see anything short of a major manufacturing revival getting people to feel okay with someone who just brings so much daily baggage into the countries lives.

There was a state-by-state gallup poll a couple of weeks ago that found he still has majority support in enough states to win an EC victory. His support is eroding among moderates and people who wanted to give him a chance located mainly in non-red states.

I thought, way back to this morning so hours ago, that a statement explicitly condemning would be important in terms of sectioning off this group (white nationalist/alt-right movement) from institutional support.

Now with it having happened, I don't think that's right. It's symbolically important to show some norm of behavior still has power to hold him to symbolic movements, but I do think at this point he needs to remove Gorka/Bannon etc. Clear that the group this was aimed against will just see it as lip service, and that he's really behind them (because of Saturday/Sunday's actions)