President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 04:03 PM)
Well if he thinks a guy who rebelled against the Nazi's from within Italy in the late-30's is irredeemable I can only imagine how he feels about my relatives who were drafted into the Wehrmacht.

And was a blackshirt. And yeah, he didn't like the Nazis but he still was part of Italy during WW2 and only died dude to friendly fire. He wasn't assassinated for standing up to Hitler.

Were your relatives honored with a monument?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now do all the FDR statues come down because of the Japanese internment camps during World War II and an unfaithful marriage? If that's the case, Jimmy Carter might be the only one left we can't assail, yet the president with probably the fewest statues/monuments/schools named after him other than GW Bush.

And should President's Day be cancelled?

Six states considering legislation to protect drivers who hit protestors

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/legislati...ters/index.html

North Dakota because of the pipeline I would guess...

(CNN)The death of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville, Virginia, has renewed focus on bills that surfaced this year in a half-dozen state legislatures that proposed limited protections for drivers who cause injury or death to protesters.

None of the legislation has passed so far.

Lawmakers in North Dakota, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee and Texas proposed bills that would make it legal for drivers to hit protesters if the driver did not do so willfully, according to Mick Bullock, a spokesman for the National Conference of State Legislatures.

A similar bill also was introduced in Rhode Island, according to the state General Assembly's website.

Edited by caulfield12

And was a blackshirt. And yeah, he didn't like the Nazis but he still was part of Italy during WW2 and only died dude to friendly fire. He wasn't assassinated for standing up to Hitler.

Were your relatives honored with a monument?

There are memorials for the victims of the bombings of Hamburg I do believe.

Balbo was also alive for about two weeks of WW2 and was long dead by the time the war really came to North Africa.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)
Well if he thinks a guy who rebelled against the Nazi's from within Italy in the late-30's is irredeemable I can only imagine how he feels about my relatives who were drafted into the Wehrmacht.

I would love to hear the story of your relatives. Please share on here in long fashion or PM me the story, please. I am a student of history.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 08:45 PM)
So now do all the FDR statues come down because of the Japanese internment camps during World War II and an unfaithful marriage? If that's the case, Jimmy Carter might be the only one left we can't assail, yet the president with probably the fewest statues/monuments/schools named after him other than GW Bush.

And should President's Day be cancelled?

Six states considering legislation to protect drivers who hit protestors

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/legislati...ters/index.html

North Dakota because of the pipeline I would guess...

(CNN)The death of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville, Virginia, has renewed focus on bills that surfaced this year in a half-dozen state legislatures that proposed limited protections for drivers who cause injury or death to protesters.

None of the legislation has passed so far.

Lawmakers in North Dakota, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee and Texas proposed bills that would make it legal for drivers to hit protesters if the driver did not do so willfully, according to Mick Bullock, a spokesman for the National Conference of State Legislatures.

A similar bill also was introduced in Rhode Island, according to the state General Assembly's website.

Great takes Caulfield. Yes, Presidents Day should be canceled now cause of the fact some had slaves. Kill it. Yes we should look at all the statues and take them down if said President did something racist or particularly ominous/offensive. We have to at least consider each statue on its own merit now. It's crazy, but it's America now. Any president that had a slave cannot have a statue. Any person affiliated with the South in the Civil War cannot have a statue. Case closed.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Aug 19, 2017 -> 12:37 AM)
Dig deep enough, and the list of people who are truly worthy of a statue or monument would be pretty short.

True. It's amazing it took this long to get rid of most of America's statues.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 05:18 PM)
Great takes Caulfield. Yes, Presidents Day should be canceled now cause of the fact some had slaves. Kill it. Yes we should look at all the statues and take them down if said President did something racist or particularly ominous/offensive. We have to at least consider each statue on its own merit now. It's crazy, but it's America now. Any president that had a slave cannot have a statue. Any person affiliated with the South in the Civil War cannot have a statue. Case closed.

Confederate statues honor those who actively committed treason against this country in the hope of perpetuating slavery. Tying their removal with a slippery-slope argument that ends with no more statues of Washington or Jefferson or FDR or whomever is disingenuous at best.

I just can't believe it's a controversial opinion to say we shouldn't honor or recognize individuals whose defining characteristic was their willingness to kill hundreds of thousands of American citizens so they could continue to enslave millions of men, women, and children based on their skin color. They deserve to be remembered-if at all-as murderous, traitorous terrorists who were willing to kill and die en masses so the south could continue to reap the rewards of human slavery. The lowliest Union private deserves more acclaim and honor than even the most skilled Confederate general.

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Aug 19, 2017 -> 01:44 PM)
Confederate statues honor those who actively committed treason against this country in the hope of perpetuating slavery. Tying their removal with a slippery-slope argument that ends with no more statues of Washington or Jefferson or FDR or whomever is disingenuous at best.

I just can't believe it's a controversial opinion to say we shouldn't honor or recognize individuals whose defining characteristic was their willingness to kill hundreds of thousands of American citizens so they could continue to enslave millions of men, women, and children based on their skin color. They deserve to be remembered-if at all-as murderous, traitorous terrorists who were willing to kill and die en masses so the south could continue to reap the rewards of human slavery. The lowliest Union private deserves more acclaim and honor than even the most skilled Confederate general.

I do have to admit, knowing what I know now as compared to when I was there in 8th grade, the Jefferson memorial has a very different feel now.

No one told me I was at the monument of a child rapist when I was there. Like, I was there in 8th grade, and that was the age of the kid he was having sex with. Anyone here have a kid in middle school? He raped a girl who was middle school age.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/opinion/...col-left-region

The week when President Trump resigned, as thorough a take down as you will ever see written...sad that it has come to this, with no end in sight.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/19/opinions/jar...nkin/index.html

Writer wants Jared and Ivanka kicked out of their synagogue for moral failings...

https://thinkprogress.org/rush-limbaugh-say...a1a3fe/?ref=yfp

Hopefully the end of Limbaugh as well...

Limbaugh’s comments were laced with anti-Semetic tropes, blaming the violence in Charlottesville on “people like George Soros and any other number of international financiers whose objective it is to take the United States out and down as a superpower.”

Limbaugh built on Trump’s efforts to deflect blame for the violence in Charlottesville from white nationalists to the left. “None of this that is happening on the left is random,” Limbaugh said. Rather, “[t]hey showed up in Charlottesville to create mayhem and cause hell.”

According to Limbaugh, people did not show up in Charlottesville to protest Nazis but to “erase American history.” He cast the counter-protests in Charlottesville as part of an “ongoing effort to erase America by discrediting the entire premise of our culture, our history, our founding.”

Limbaugh blasted Trump’s Republican critics. He said that they “are unwittingly participating in the effort to cast America as indefensible, particularly with Donald Trump as president.”

Limbaugh describes media coverage of Trump and the Charlottesville white supremacist rally as an effort to “distort information to wipe out from the vestiges of our history and our memory any collection of stories that testify to the greatness of America and her people.”

Edited by caulfield12

Isn't it the President's responsibility to unite rather than deliberately divide Americans against each other?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politics/sec...mily/index.html

Trump family/travel already putting the Secret Service way into red ink...

Alles has met with congressional lawmakers to discuss planned legislation to increase the combined salary and overtime cap for agents -- from $160,000 per year to $187,000. He told USA Today this would be at least for Trump's first term.

But he added that even if this were approved, about 130 agents still wouldn't be able to be paid for hundreds of hours already worked.

The Secret Service and the White House have not responded to CNN's requests for comment.

In April, CNN reported that Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost more than an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days in office, putting the President on pace to surpass former President Barack Obama's eight years of spending on travel -- in only his first year in office.

Before and during the campaign season, Trump regularly criticized Obama for costing the American taxpayer money every time he took a trip, and Trump the candidate repeatedly called for belt-tightening across government agencies.

In 2014, Trump tweeted: "We pay for Obama's travel so he can fundraise millions so Democrats can run on lies. Then we pay for his golf."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 20, 2017 -> 05:41 PM)
What ultimately happened at the end of that video? One of our babies was crying and I must have missed something.

They tried to beat the guy up for literally nothing. Just a bunch of entitled/misguided white kids crusading because they have to believe in something.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 10:58 AM)
They tried to beat the guy up for literally nothing. Just a bunch of entitled/misguided white kids crusading because they have to believe in something.

Dude was being annoying on purpose. The crowd reacted the way he wanted them to, so he could put his videos online.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 11:56 AM)
So the punishment for "being annoying" is now a mob beatdown! Great!

Yeah, that crazy mob really "beat him down". They pushed him and told him to f*** off. A little rude, but hardly a beat down.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
It took Trump 7 months to bankrupt the secret service.

He used to tweet about how much Obama was costing taxpayers going to Hawaii.

For a guy who would have no time for golf and was just going to sit in the White House making great deals, his detail sure does cost a lot of money.

Anyone sick of winning yet?