Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:27 PM)
Well if Anderson can be a bust 1 inning into the 7th game, Avi must be an MVP candidate.

It is more the K% and lack of BBs. Also, I've been watching the games. Have you? Lots of swings and misses on stuff in the zone and out of the zone. Dude just seems lucky when he makes contact. Granted, it is very early but if the trends continue how can we argue that Anderson sucks? We have 3 years of evidence that Avi does, in fact, suck.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:31 PM)
It is more the K% and lack of BBs. Also, I've been watching the games. Have you? Lots of swings and misses on stuff in the zone and out of the zone. Dude just seems lucky when he makes contact. Granted, it is very early but if the trends continue how can we argue that Anderson sucks? We have 3 years of evidence that Avi does, in fact, suck.

Yes, but I realize guys go through bad stretches.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:33 PM)
Yes, but I realize guys go through bad stretches.

This is different, because bad stretches involve bad luck. When a hitter strikes out 33% of ABs in with no walks, in a 7 game stretch, it is more than a "bad stretch" it is being bad at hitting a baseball. Sure, he has 4 hits but until Anderson starts hitting it hard with more consistency, and making more contact, I am going to assume that he sucks. Hasn't your argument been that prospects are suspects until proven otherwise? I'm taking that approach. Yes, I wanted the rebuild but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade. The losing that the Sox have done since 2011 will make it that much sweeter when they are winning again.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 04:41 PM)
This is different, because bad stretches involve bad luck. When a hitter strikes out 33% of ABs in with no walks, in a 7 game stretch, it is more than a "bad stretch" it is being bad at hitting a baseball. Sure, he has 4 hits but until Anderson starts hitting it hard with more consistency, and making more contact, I am going to assume that he sucks. Hasn't your argument been that prospects are suspects until proven otherwise? I'm taking that approach. Yes, I wanted the rebuild but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade.

His hard contact rate was significantly higher than most elite shortstops in baseball last year. Over a way bigger sample size. Check out fangraphs if you don't believe me.

Hitters go into funks. Did you ever play baseball? Ever have a bad game? Saying a small sample K rate doesn't fluctuate is among the dumbest things I've ever heard on this forum.

Edited by Username

QUOTE (harkness @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:43 PM)
I really don't understand the trying to steal with 1 out and man on 3rd...

I liked the safety squeeze.. the other part was really head scratching strategy to me.

Safety squeeze is pretty dumb too considering who was on 3rd and Saladino has been hitting the ball well. I would have just let it be and let Tyler hit.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:41 PM)
This is different, because bad stretches involve bad luck. When a hitter strikes out 33% of ABs in with no walks, in a 7 game stretch, it is more than a "bad stretch" it is being bad at hitting a baseball. Sure, he has 4 hits but until Anderson starts hitting it hard with more consistency, and making more contact, I am going to assume that he sucks. Hasn't your argument been that prospects are suspects until proven otherwise? I'm taking that approach. Yes, I wanted the rebuild but I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade.

No they don't. Swings go awry, guys look awful. There isn't one player on the White Sox that won"t look horrible for at least a week this year. Prospects are suspects, but labeling after not even 7 games is ridiculous. Most young guys struggle a lot at some point.