White Sox winner

caulfield12

Great to see contributions from Davidson, Avi Garcia, Saladino, Leury, etc. First big league hit for Willy Garcia and drove another ball to the wall, but also out on the basepaths and dp ball when they needed an insurance run.

Pretty darned impressive debut from Covey. He's better than most scouting reports indicated. Vulcan change?

Winning with minimal contributions from Abreu, Anderson, Frazier, Cabrera, Q, Rodon.

Robertson has his stuff/confidence back and the veteran starters like Holland and Gonzalez are holding the rotation together. Nate Jones looked like his old self again.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14, 2017 -> 11:25 PM)
Nice win. Davidson's homer was nice as was his single late in the game. Really nice win. Covey pitched well as did the bench. Love it. Robertson was nasty. Don't stop now boys!!!

Kinda crazy how nasty Dave is when he's locked in. It's April of '15 all over again.

Davidson's talent is very apparent. Also, Todd Frazier has s***ty luck. The Polanco play should have been a seeing eye single but wasn't. However, that play Dozier made was crazy. The Twins had him positioned correctly, but he f***ing smoked that ball.

If Putnam stays healthy, he's going to turn into an interesting trade chip.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 12:48 AM)
The problem for Davidson has always been his k rate and defense.

He has incredible opposite field power, though. Quentin-esque.

And his defense improved over his time in the system.

Would be great if he can maximize his opportunity.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 12:08 AM)
Davidson's talent is very apparent.

I'm probably his biggest fan on this site. I always knew, but I'm waiting till the league adjust to him until I thump my chest. Right now, he's off to a great start though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 15, 2017 -> 07:05 AM)
I'm probably his biggest fan on this site. I always knew, but I'm waiting till the league adjust to him until I thump my chest. Right now, he's off to a great start though.

His K rate is at 47.8%, don't think the league has to do much adjusting. People are in for a world of dissapointment when his .625 BABIP & 43% HR/FB ratio come screaming back down to earth.