April 26th Game Thread: White Sox vs. KC Royals

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
In some of his starts, he seemed to be reverting to old habits (nibbling) and sacrificing some of his strengths (fewer first pitch strikes). He wasn't locating his changeup or slider. It would certainly be sad if this KC lineup hit Quintana, but so far his command has been good and I've liked his aggressiveness. Up to six strikeouts.

He was just a little off. I think the WBC had something to do with it. 7k in 3 innings and only 35 pitches. He's looking like a HOFer today.

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
In some of his starts, he seemed to be reverting to old habits (nibbling) and sacrificing some of his strengths (fewer first pitch strikes). He wasn't locating his changeup or slider. It would certainly be sad if this KC lineup hit Quintana, but so far his command has been good and I've liked his aggressiveness. Up to six strikeouts.

Q is good because of his nibbling, not in spite of it.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 01:51 PM)
Q is good because of his nibbling, not in spite of it.

It's situational. Obviously he has to tread carefully when he's in a jam, and his nibbiling can bait hitters into swinging at bad pitches. But it's not as desirable when he's inflating pitch count in at-bat after at-bat by being needlessly tepid (something he's avoiding today).

Is it just me or are the Royals suddenly bad at outfield defense/positioning? I remember them getting to everything and having good shifts. In this series it seems like everything we hit is in the gap, and quite a few of them are low liners that just roll all day.

QUOTE (almagest @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 02:15 PM)
Is it just me or are the Royals suddenly bad at outfield defense/positioning? I remember them getting to everything and having good shifts. In this series it seems like everything we hit is in the gap, and quite a few of them are low liners that just roll all day.

Cain and Gordon look nowhere near peak. Cain is hitting fine, but they all just seem so ... atrophied.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 02:18 PM)
Cain and Gordon look nowhere near peak. Cain is hitting fine, but they all just seem so ... atrophied.

I assume they'll start playing better eventually, as there is some good talent on this team, but boy do they look BAD right now.