April 26th Game Thread: White Sox vs. KC Royals

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
lol...not sure how this is even possible...but Frazier makes Abrue look like a Gold Glove

Any high school first baseman would be expected to catch that ball at first.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
Thanks. Glad Verlander isn't scheduled. The sooner they get to Detroit's bullpen the better. I'm not really sure how to predict the series to be honest. If the Sox continue playing like they are, all 3 of those games might be real close. No one expected a KC sweep (still 4 outs to go), so who knows what will happebn, although Detroit can hit the baseball.

Miggy on the DL.

Must be a pretty positive atmosphere in the clubhouse right now. Going into an off-day to start a difficult road trip after sweeping a struggling division rival Must feel good. KC will be looking for revenge in the 4 game series next weekend in KC.

Do your homework tomorrow boys, take advantage of that day off.

Don't stop now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 05:12 PM)
Same thing happened last year with this pen. Then it turned into our biggest weakness after April.

Yea but this crew is just more talented. They won't be this good all year but I see no reason to predict a melt down. They have some really good stuff back there.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
Like I told my dad, sell regardless of record.

I really dont think we have anything to worry about as far as that being an issue. The sox record will come around to bad enough eventually. The offense still has a tendency to not show up for long periods of time. The bullpen will normalize. Remember how great they were for the first month or so last year?

Even if they have a decent record I cant see the FO having any delusions about who they are this year.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
Same thing happened last year with this pen. Then it turned into our biggest weakness after April.

It would be impressive if they could stay around .500 for a couple months, but I doubt it happens.

But so far, they have been impressive and it reflects well on Renteria.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 05:17 PM)
I really dont think we have anything to worry about as far as that being an issue. The sox record will come around to bad enough eventually. The offense still has a tendency to not show up for long periods of time. The bullpen will normalize. Remember how great they were for the first month or so last year?

Even if they have a decent record I cant see the FO having any delusions about who they are this year.

The SP is going to regress big time at some point, hopefully they can get Rodon up here a long with Fulmer and inject some life into it around June.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)
Yea but this crew is just more talented. They won't be this good all year but I see no reason to predict a melt down. They have some really good stuff back there.

Ya until they starting selling off some pieces I think the bullpen is pretty darn legit.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 04:17 PM)

Yeah, guys, we aren't going for it.

That said, I would have to imagine the two traits of teams that overachieve would have to be defense and relief pitching. Truly terrible teams always seem to have truly terrible bullpens. I imagine we will overperform our predictions if we really have two plus pitchers in Kahnle and swarzak (and Burdi on the way)