Luis Robert signing official

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
Exactly. Completely different situations.

The Sale deal, coupled with their other moves and not really adding any even mid dollar veterans may have freed up the capital this move required. It is hard to say for sure, but, really, it doesn't matter. The Sox now have 2 elite hitting prospects. Pair this with the emergence of Adolfo, and the future is looking better than it was a month ago, even with Giolito's struggles.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 20, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)
Exactly. Completely different situations.

There's obviously two ways of looking at it. You and 2014 are right... my line of thinking is right. Subjectivity is objective here. Just be fixed in your perspective, move along, and make party.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)
I was totally on the Dayan Viciedo train, having watched him in person and meeting him in 2009. I hope this isn't another Dayan Viciedo.

Robert is far more strict than viciedo and projects to be a quality defensive player. He had 70 grade speed making him able to play center field, as well as develop into a significant base stealing hreat.

This is a great day for White Sox fans

QUOTE (bmags @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
I actually read about this but I can't remember for the life of me. Want to say some percentage goes to players union other to operating budget.

If you happen to run into it again, please post. Super curious.

QUOTE (turnin' two @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
The Sale deal, coupled with their other moves and not really adding any even mid dollar veterans may have freed up the capital this move required. It is hard to say for sure, but, really, it doesn't matter. The Sox now have 2 elite hitting prospects. Pair this with the emergence of Adolfo, and the future is looking better than it was a month ago, even with Giolito's struggles.

For sure, agreed here. If we had a $140M payroll probably wouldn't have seen this.

Super pumped to have Robert in our system! Can't wait to see how he adapts early on.

QUOTE (turnin' two @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:00 PM)

Avi possibly turning into a solid ever day player and Robertson dominating have also been positive. Honestly this rebuild is going awesome so far. Giolito is only one guy among many promising pitching prospects. On the balance even if he never pans out others should. Sox need to build same depth position player wise.

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
#2 or #3

25 - 30m in penalties and banned for 2 years from more than 300k signings

I'd put Robert as our #3 overall prospect right now, but overall he's likely a top 15 overall MLB prospect and fv 60 grade player.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ May 20, 2017 -> 08:04 PM)
I'd put Robert as our #3 overall prospect right now, but overall he's likely a top 15 overall MLB prospect and fv 60 grade player.

Before people accuse KLaw of being a hater, he has never been that high on Robert

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)
Avi possibly turning into a solid ever day player and Robertson dominating have also been positive. Honestly this rebuild is going awesome so far. Giolito is only one guy among many promising pitching prospects. On the balance even if he never pans out others should. Sox need to build same depth position player wise.

Add in a quality priest at #11 overall next month and we are well on our way into this rebuild. I have to give the front office credit for working hard to turn this around quickly.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 20, 2017 -> 08:04 PM)
They must know Robert is a can't-miss prospect. This has to be on that level, or they're beyond screwed.

I will gladly take a chance of him having a higher career WAR than any mix of guys they would have signed next two years

Potential 2020 Lineup:

CF Robert

SS Anderson

1B Abreu

RF Avi

2B Moncada

DH/3B Davidson

3B/DH (Free Agent?)

C Collins

LF Tilson

That's an exciting lineup, with the assumption that Tilson is healthy and can actually hit, actually, a lot of this lineup has assumptions lol. One possible alteration, if we have a lot of faith in Yolmer and if he stays hot at the plate, maybe move Moncada to 3B and have Yolmer play 2B, with Davidson DHing. OR DH Abreu and put Davidson at 1B, or find a free agent 1B and DH Abreu. I think we were all spoiled with Konerko's defense over there at first.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:06 PM)
I will gladly take a chance of him having a higher career WAR than any mix of guys they would have signed next two years

I agree, and I kinda figured you were being sarcastic. Today is a good day for the rebuild.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
Moncada's salary is minimal.

That's what I'm saying... Moncada cost The White Sox the services of Chris Sale and very little financially. That's a value-add of $31.5mm at a cost much lower than that. Having that piece in place gave the team the finances to go after Robert.