southsider2k5

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Real @ May 20, 2017 -> 03:57 PM)
you mean a farm system not ranked in the bottom 10 of the league?

is that a real question?

Yes , it's a real question. Would the players you listed have developed better in another teams system? Some of those players are now in other systems and didn't develop there either. They were just poor draft picks in the first place. Beckham, otoh, was one of those highly touted college guys that bust, it happens. Hell, I loved the Beckham pick at the time but it would seem he peaked in college and we know how the rest of the story turns out.

QUOTE (hi8is @ May 20, 2017 -> 08:58 PM)
I'd be muy happy with that... Rutherford and Frazier are a toss up to me from NY. Would fall in love with Hahn / Rizzo if we got Soto for D-Rob.

I'd be cool with Rutherford or Frazier in a Quintana trade (amongst others), but my plan isn't that far fetched. I really think one of Soto or Kieboom is realistic get for Robertson. A guy like Pavin Smith should be available at #11. We also have a few other interesting positional prospects in the system (Delmonico, Call, Basabe, Fisher, Adolfo, etc.), plus a few more assets that could be traded to add more (Nate Jones in particular). Adding one impact free agent bat isn't really anything crazy either.

Honestly, I think the key part of this move is that if you believe Robert can stick in CF (still TBD), you've now got high profile young talent up the entire middle in Anderson, Moncada, & Collins. And it's much easier to find above average players in the corners than up the middle talent or premium pitching. If we can now hit on the Quintana & Robertson trades, our rebuild should be in a great spot.

QUOTE (SouthSide2004 @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
I'd be cool with Rutherford or Frazier in a Quintana trade (amongst others), but my plan isn't that far fetched. I really think one of Soto or Kieboom is realistic get for Robertson. A guy like Pavin Smith should be available at #11. We also have a few other interesting positional prospects in the system (Delmonico, Call, Basabe, Fisher, Adolfo, etc.), plus a few more assets that could be traded to add more (Nate Jones in particular). Adding one impact free agent bat isn't really anything crazy either.

Honestly, I think the key part of this move is that if you believe Robert can stick in CF (still TBD), you've now got high profile young talent up the entire middle in Anderson, Moncada, & Collins. And it's much easier to find above average players in the corners than up the middle talent or premium pitching. If we can now hit on the Quintana & Robertson trades, our rebuild should be in a great spot.

And alas, we have an agreement. All is right in the Soxtalk world.

( also we have finances lined up for a big SP frontline FA under such a plan )

QUOTE (SouthSide2004 @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)

What if we just keep Quintana, let the young guys bloom for a couple years, then sign Harper & Machado to identical 4 yr/$150M contracts.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
Anyone else think the Sox could go after Jose Israel Garcia as well since they have nothing to lose now?

I still have seen nothing on this guy. No idea if he's even good.

Anyone else think the Sox could go after Jose Israel Garcia as well since they have nothing to lose now?

Hmm.... yes.

QUOTE (SouthSide2004 @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)

Great post. Obviously a lot needs to go right for the White Sox for this play out, but it's the most realistic shot the Sox have to be relevant by 2019, which I think will be the first year of a solid 5 year window in the FOs mind.

Fingers crossed.

A deal would have to come together pretty quickly, but crazier things have happened. Though that still means all of the teams who missed on Robert could be potential bidders as well.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:35 PM)
Had to look him up because I didn't know anything either.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baseballamer.../%3Famphtml%3D1

Hmm...

While Garcia’s numbers on the surface were among the best in Serie Nacional last season, his long swing, free-swinging approach and struggles to recognize offspeed pitches are significant concerns about his ability to perform against better pitching.

Read more at http://www.baseballamerica.com/internation...G5cz7J6Vtvmm.99

Garcia = "Once Major League Baseball clears Garcia to sign, he will be exempt from the international bonus pools, which means he can sign without restrictions."

Also has a long swing prone to low contact and pitch recognition.

Pass. Brain, unf***ed.

QUOTE (SouthSide2004 @ May 20, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
This is an absolutely terrible way to look at this. The Sale deal has nothing to do with this signing.

Would not be surprised if Moncada helped recruit Robert.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 20, 2017 -> 04:45 PM)
Would not be surprised if Moncada helped recruit Robert.

He did. The Sox made a video with Renteria narrating and presented it to Robert when they worked him out. The video included Abreu and Moncada urging him to sign with the correct color Sox.