DRAFT TRACKER 2017, and Day One Discussion

NorthSideSox72

Burger was par for my personal order though I slightly preferred White. All in all I'm happy with it and hope he works out. It wasn't too long ago that Burger was looked at as a top of the class pick, about this time last year. He's got a lot to like

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Underslot only makes sense if there's some crazy deal to be had. No one you're getting at 49 is going to be worth passing on a first-half 1st round talent. And if the draft is this weak, what are you excited for in rounds 3-8?

I just can't imagine picking Burger over White.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 01:02 AM)
Underslot only makes sense if there's some crazy deal to be had. No one you're getting at 49 is going to be worth passing on a first-half 1st round talent. And if the draft is this weak, what are you excited for in rounds 3-8?

I just can't imagine picking Burger over White.

Easily imaginable if they don't think White can play in the outfield.

I like this pick more than Collins last year. I stated in an off season thread why I did not like Collins (related to his College stats) and his performance this year bears that out. At least with Burger it is hopeful he will not have swing and miss issues and he has the power to be a mlb regular. IMO his defensive issues are no worse than those being stated for Collins last year and working with professional trainers hopefully he can transform his body as I believe I read Collins did this year.