DRAFT TRACKER 2017, and Day One Discussion

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 08:45 AM)
Yeah but he's got 10's of millions of reasons to change.

I really like his makeup... he's highly coachable and eager. Think his life long Sox fandom will also bode well for his coachability.

Edited by hi8is

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 10:25 AM)
11 picks...crossing my fingers.

Gonzalez seems to be a very good target for the White Sox in the third round. Hopefully he gets there.

I'd also be interested in nabbing some prep players.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
In 20 minutes

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
edit: see hi8is

Thanks.

Please forgive me but these picks are pretty much rapid fire with no time in between right?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
Thanks.

Please forgive me but these picks are pretty much rapid fire with no time in between right?

Pretty sure, it is only slow on day 1 to make it a tv event. This they care less.

Seems like the Sox drafted partially for need, which I don't mind given that BPA seemed a crapshoot at the spot they were in. If they can get under slot a bit on the first two college sluggers and use it for a higher upside guy today that's great. If not I'm still OK with the picks, it really didn't seem like there was a "no doubt" choice available. Seems like a bit of a week draft from what I can tell.

As for the "bad body" stuff it's either something he's going to clean up as soon as he becomes a pro or it will be something he struggles with his whole career IMO. It's fine playing at 20 lbs over weight as a 21 year old amateur but as a pro, one who needs to save the wear and tear on his body at 3B, he needs to drop the pudge ASAP. Hopefully he can do it.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 11:52 AM)
Seems like the Sox drafted partially for need, which I don't mind given that BPA seemed a crapshoot at the spot they were in. If they can get under slot a bit on the first two college sluggers and use it for a higher upside guy today that's great. If not I'm still OK with the picks, it really didn't seem like there was a "no doubt" choice available. Seems like a bit of a week draft from what I can tell.

As for the "bad body" stuff it's either something he's going to clean up as soon as he becomes a pro or it will be something he struggles with his whole career IMO. It's fine playing at 20 lbs over weight as a 21 year old amateur but as a pro, one who needs to save the wear and tear on his body at 3B, he needs to drop the pudge ASAP. Hopefully he can do it.

It is refreshing to see them drafting "baseball" players instead of just athletic specimens. For too long we overlooked guys that can hit, draw walks and get the job done. Burger and Sheets are solid depth for an organization that is pretty thin on position prospects.

I consider Robert to essentially be part of our drafting effort this season, so if you think about the 2017 draft "class" being Robert, Burger and Sheets so far that is a very nice haul.