2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 10, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
It's like spring training IMO. Good play doesn't always translate to the regular season, but bad play is a concern.

Cameron Payne has been terrible. Even the beat guys are commenting on it. I'm not sure what the hell the Bulls see in him other than a ticket to the high lottery pick.

lol, no. Posting people's shooting stats from the first two summer league games is 100% a waste of time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:14 PM)
The trade was completely stupid but the legend of Jordan Bell is pretty crazy already.

It just totally reminds me of when the bulls gave away JR Smith for basically nothing because of 'fit'. It's not like, aww many we drafted this guy over that guy, Jordan Bell for bulls fans will be competing against nothing. Any value he has is value we lost.

Hope he's awesome. Hope Garpax are fired. Goes hand n hand.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
The trade was completely stupid but the legend of Jordan Bell is pretty crazy already.

I'd be willing to bet you a keg of beer he becomes a pretty nice NBA player...starter or 6th man type.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:10 PM)
I'd be willing to bet you a keg of beer he becomes a pretty nice NBA player...starter or 6th man type.

He might, I could also see him being a guy that plays 5 minutes a game because his team is playing 4 on 5 on offense with him out there. Like I said, not defending the trade at all as it was completely moronic and even more annoying but I'm not going to freak out about Bell just yet.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:59 PM)
Yeah but what could that 3.5 million turn into?

We don't know what happens with the money. But it clearly shows that this team does not have a good rebuilding strategy, or does not even have a strategy at all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 07:00 AM)
Bell would've been a nice keep to see what he can do on a team like the Bulls but Jesus guys. It's the fn Summer League.

Poor man's Draymond? This is madness.

I don't care if you're at the Y, a 5x5 is always impressive.

It's more a comparison. The only time summer league stats matter, honestly, is if a player looks like s***. The guys the Bulls have collected have looked like s***.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:14 PM)
He might, I could also see him being a guy that plays 5 minutes a game because his team is playing 4 on 5 on offense with him out there. Like I said, not defending the trade at all as it was completely moronic and even more annoying but I'm not going to freak out about Bell just yet.

If you don't freak out from the very beginning, you aren't allowed to freak out at all.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 05:31 AM)
I don't care if you're at the Y, a 5x5 is always impressive.

It's more a comparison. The only time summer league stats matter, honestly, is if a player looks like s***. The guys the Bulls have collected have looked like s***.

Blakely looks like a guy worth signing (in a rebuild year). Payne has been a disaster though (not a shock) and word from Joe Conley (no idea how accurate) is that Payne is going to be released. If it happens...will Cameron Payne be the straw the broke Gar's back (since supposedly he was the one who stuck his neck out to get Payne...vs. getting a 1st rounder or something of better quality for Taj/Doug).

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 07:00 AM)
Bell would've been a nice keep to see what he can do on a team like the Bulls but Jesus guys. It's the fn Summer League.

Poor man's Draymond? This is madness.

Undersized and mobile defender and plays with incredible energy. This type of players excel in the right system. He also gets to play in a warriors system that will certain help him develop shooting and passing skills. Plus gets to learn from Draymond himself.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
I realized this week that GarPax turned LaMarcus Aldridge, Taj Gibson, one 1st round, and two second round picks into Joffrey Lauvergne.

Who is now on Spurs.

Thank goodness I have White Sox.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
I realized this week that GarPax turned LaMarcus Aldridge, Taj Gibson, one 1st round, and two second round picks into Joffrey Lauvergne.

Even more disgusting when you look at the pick value. Lavergne and Payne cost I believe 3 first rounders and 3 2nd rounders :/

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)
Who is now on Spurs.

Thank goodness I have White Sox.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)
Even more disgusting when you look at the pick value. Lavergne and Payne cost I believe 3 first rounders and 3 2nd rounders :/

I have the list:

LaMarcus Aldridge + Demetris Nichols (2nd) for Tyrus Thomas + Victor Khryrapa (released)

Tyrus Thomas for Acie Law (released) + Ronald Murray (released) + Jusuf Nurkic (1st)

Jusuf Nurkic + Gary Harris (1st) for Doug McDermott

Doug McDermott + Taj Gibson (1st) + 2018 2nd round pick for Joffrey Lauvergne (released) + Cameron Payne + Anthony Morrow (released)