O's and Sox "getaway day" game thread

The pitcher they have going is 1-4 with an ERA over 8. Let's keep these bats hot before heading to Canada. Games are so much more fun to watch when the Sox actually score, even if the pitching falters.

I think I heard Stoney yesterday say the Sox have the best batting average in the league since May 16. That's pretty darn good for a rebuilding team.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 04:40 AM)
I think I heard Stoney yesterday say the Sox have the best batting average in the league since May 16. That's pretty darn good for a rebuilding team.

That's shocking

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 07:31 PM)
I don't want to go overboard, but Matt Davidson has the chance to be the greatest third baseman the league has ever seen.

The question becomes about calling up Moncada....where would he play? Yolmer has clearly won the position for next decade

I dont know what the future holds for Matt as a whitesox player but he hung in there when everyone pretty much had him penciled in as a failed prospect. He has shown he can have himself an extended career and hold some value for some years being a power bat somewhere.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 07:36 PM)
I don't have much optimism for Tim Anderson, just flails out there at balls far out of the zone

Down to -.3 fWAR. Also no clue why Renteria keeps putting him high up in the order. Just keep him at 7

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 15, 2017 -> 02:36 PM)
I dont know what the future holds for Matt as a whitesox player but he hung in there when everyone pretty much had him penciled in as a failed prospect. He has shown he can have himself an extended career and hold some value for some years being a power bat somewhere.

at the very least he appears to be a CI RH power bat off the bench, if he can adjust I think we might have a Mark Reynolds clone on our hands.