6/26 games

maxjusttyped

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 01:06 PM)
On queue:

ChiSox: Do you have renewed faith in Micker Adolfo? Dude is hitting bombs this year.

1:08

Eric A Longenhagen: There are some statistical red flags, I’m still a bit apprehensive.

The skepticism is warranted, but this is the best we have seen him play yet professionally.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0605-story.html

Adolfo credits his recent success to becoming more mature and developing a routine. He has started to walk a little more and the power is showing (.225 ISO at age 20 in A ball is encouraging)

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 03:11 PM)
How about Hansen? Has he been good enough to warrant top 50, even top 25 consideration?

if he finishes the year at his current pace and gets up a cup of coffee at AA i think he winds up on the back end of the top 100; 75+ range.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 03:11 PM)
How about Hansen? Has he been good enough to warrant top 50, even top 25 consideration?

Now that is a guy that could have a legit shot at top 100 status. He has been pitching like an ace for basically a full season now.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)
That's exactly where I was expecting him to land, somewhere around the low 80s, maybe high 60s for his most liked publication.

Hard to believe that there are 20-25 better pitching prospects in the game than Hansen at this point.

Of note on Micker, last year he had 283 PA's and struck out 96 times, for a K rate of 33.9%. This year he is at 266 PA's with 78 K's, so that has come down to 29.3%.

He had 15 BB in 283 PAs for a walk rate of once per 18.87 PAs, this year it is 14 in 266 PA's or 19 PA/BB.

K/BB has gone from 6.4 to 5.6.

He isn't walking any more, but he is making a lot more contact.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 04:00 PM)
Of note on Micker, last year he had 283 PA's and struck out 96 times, for a K rate of 33.9%. This year he is at 266 PA's with 78 K's, so that has come down to 29.3%.

He had 15 BB in 283 PAs for a walk rate of once per 18.87 PAs, this year it is 14 in 266 PA's or 19 PA/BB.

K/BB has gone from 6.4 to 5.6.

He isn't walking any more, but he is making a lot more contact.

Small sample size, but he has started to walk more as of late. He also seems to have a knack for getting hit by pitches, hence the fairly high obp for the low walk rate.

Hansen did very well against low a ball competition as a 22 year old ( would be college senior). He needs to continue to prove it against high A competition the rest of the season to warrant a top 100 ranking, but he's on the cusp.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
At this stage you are looking for progress and improvement. I think an argument can be made that he is the most improved minor leaguer in the entire Sox system this year. While there is still plenty of room for improvement, seeing Micker start to push towards his potential thrills me to no end, especially in a system that still lacks a lot of top end positional potential.

I couldn't agree more. Micker is only 20 and it finally looks like he's a real

boy. Pinoccio lives!