Anthony Swarzak to Brewers; Sox receive Ryan Cordell

username

I am not in the belief that Rick is going to just give anyone away in this rebuild. Now I know some might not agree with that LOL

I wouldnt put it past Rick to get a top 100 at the very bottom type guy for Swarzak. Someone is going to get desperate after they strike out landing the other guys.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)
I am not in the belief that Rick is going to just give anyone away in this rebuild. Now I know some might not agree with that LOL

I wouldnt put it past Rick to get a top 100 at the very bottom type guy for Swarzak. Someone is going to get desperate after they strike out landing the other guys.

Might not be a bad guy to hold onto right up until the deadline. Get him some closing opportunities (if he gets any with this new roster lol) and see if you can leverage a desperate team.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:48 PM)

If the supply of relievers was razor thin then it'd be a different story, but with Hand/Neshek/Britton/O'Day/Brach/Wilson (and I might be forgetting others) still available there's enough relievers to go around.

Edited by OmarComing25

Swarzak would be a rental right? At best, we could hope for a lotto ticket, that's about it. I don't mind packaging him and Avi for something bigger.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:51 PM)
Might not be a bad guy to hold onto right up until the deadline. Get him some closing opportunities (if he gets any with this new roster lol) and see if you can leverage a desperate team.

Not sure if a couple weeks at the closer role is enough to change anything for a team in contention.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:48 PM)

That would be incredible, but unlikely.

I would be very happy with a B, even B- prospect in exchange for a Swarzak rental.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
Are Phelps and Kahnle comparable? I know Phelps also has some control and also has more of a track record I guess.

Phelps will be a FA after next season.

He's solid, not spectacular.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
Don't really know much about these guys, but Hernandez seems like a pretty weak headliner if true.

I'm just looking at MLBPipeline, but he's a decent prospect...he's only 19, but projects to be a possible CF with a better than average arm.

Considering they got him and 3 other warm bodies, seems like a pretty nice return to me, given what we just got back.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)
I'm just looking at MLBPipeline, but he's a decent prospect...he's only 19, but projects to be a possible CF with a better than average arm.

Considering they got him and 3 other warm bodies, seems like a pretty nice return to me, given what we just got back.

Fangraphs & Baseball America both had him in the teens. Honestly, he's probably a Clarkin level prospect at best. Overall the returns for relievers haven't been that great so far this deadline IMO.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:53 AM)

Brayan Hernandez wouldn't even likely be in the top 30 in the Sox system. He was going to be #9 on BA midseason list. #6 according to pipeline. Marlins pretty much got trash back but Phelps has been just okay. 30 years old and has another year of control. 47 IP, 9.77 K/9, 3.69 FIP and 0.3 fWAR.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:59 AM)
Fangraphs & Baseball America both had him in the teens. Honestly, he's probably a Clarkin level prospect at best. Overall the returns for relievers haven't been that great so far this deadline IMO.

Seems like there's a lot available.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 08:59 AM)
Brayan Hernandez wouldn't even likely be in the top 30 in the Sox system. He was going to be #9 on BA midseason list. #6 according to pipeline. Marlins pretty much got trash back but Phelps has been just okay. 30 years old and has another year of control. 47 IP, 9.77 K/9, 3.69 FIP and 0.3 fWAR.

Oh come on now. That is just hyperbole.

He'd be midrange in our top 30. Guy is young but has a lot of tools.

He is a better piece than Ian Clarkin.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 11:03 AM)

He's something like 6-12 in Seattle's trash system. Would you rate him higher than Micker Adolfo, Luis Gonzalez, or Alex Call?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 11:03 AM)

I ranked Basbabe #22 in our system yesterday and I would take him over Hernandez. He'd probably be in the mid to low 20's at best.

And I don't think he's a better piece than Clarkin.

Edited by Chicago White Sox