Anthony Swarzak to Brewers; Sox receive Ryan Cordell

username

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:17 AM)
He's something like 6-12 in Seattle's trash system. Would you rate him higher than Micker Adolfo, Luis Gonzalez, or Alex Call?

I think he compares fairly similarly to these guys. Micker has made some big strides this year and so I think he's probably a guy I like a little more. I do think he compares to Call, Fisher, Gonzalez. He's got the same tools. He's 3-4 years younger than them, so there is more projection to him than some of them, but I definitely think he compares.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:21 AM)
I ranked Basbabe #22 in our system yesterday and I would take him over Hernandez. He'd probably be in the mid to low 20's at best.

And I don't think he's a better piece than Clarkin.

There are several guys in the 15-25 range of our top 30 that compare very similarly to this guy. I don't care enough to argue anymore than that, but every available piece of information available to me suggests that is the case. His bonus coming out of LatAm, his tools, his age, his performance thus far, etc. He's got more projection to him than Call and Fisher maybe, but he's got a higher ceiling too.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
There are several guys in the 15-25 range of our top 30 that compare very similarly to this guy. I don't care enough to argue anymore than that, but every available piece of information available to me suggests that is the case. His bonus coming out of LatAm, his tools, his age, his performance thus far, etc. He's got more projection to him than Call and Fisher maybe, but he's got a higher ceiling too.

What difference does it make? Fulmer and Collins are ranked top 10 in the Sox system and top 70 overall, and they get trashed on a daily basis here.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 11:22 AM)
I think he compares fairly similarly to these guys. Micker has made some big strides this year and so I think he's probably a guy I like a little more. I do think he compares to Call, Fisher, Gonzalez. He's got the same tools. He's 3-4 years younger than them, so there is more projection to him than some of them, but I definitely think he compares.

Okay that's fair. We are compiling rankings for FS now and I have Micker Adolfo at 21, Luis Gonzalez at #25 and Alex Call at #26.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 11:26 AM)
What difference does it make? Fulmer and Collins are ranked top 10 in the Sox system and top 70 overall, and they get trashed on a daily basis here.

Semantics but I don't think anyone at FutureSox will have Fulmer in Sox top 10. Mlbpipeline might because Callis loves him but nobody should have Fulmer that high.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
Okay that's fair. We are compiling rankings for FS now and I have Micker Adolfo at 21, Luis Gonzalez at #25 and Alex Call at #26.

Would you take a guy in that range for Swarzak? I know I would love that return.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 05:52 PM)
Sox with scouts at the Rockies A-ball affiliate. Thinking they're probably a fit for Swarzak? Maybe even Avi as a long-term Cargo replacement. Abreu would fit too but I really don't see him going.

Seeing the return most relievers are getting I doubt we could get Garrett Hampson but maybe someone like Brian Mundell, both of them are 45FV guys but Hampson has gotten a bit of helium in BA's recent re-ranking of the rockies org, #10.

Swarzak is projected to produce .5fWAR for the remainder of the year. After listening to Hahn's full press conference after the Kahnle trade it sounds like he isn't opposed to bundling players to get better value instead of org depth so ideally he is shipped off with Avi.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 05:42 PM)
Nah Trayce just can't hit

Probably not, and it would obviously be dependent on what Sox doctors thought of his back, but to me a fascinating buy low guy.There were a lot of people upset he was traded away and the Sox top OF prospects are still a way away. Throw him out there this year and next and see if he can create some value. I would think if Dodger scouts like how Swarzak is throwing, giving him up.wouldnt be painful.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)
Probably not, and it would obviously be dependent on what Sox doctors thought of his back, but to me a fascinating buy low guy.There were a lot of people upset he was traded away and the Sox top OF prospects are still a way away. Throw him out there this year and next and see if he can create some value. I would think if Dodger scouts like how Swarzak is throwing, giving him up.wouldnt be painful.

I honestly don't know what Swarzak is worth overall, but I'd sit down and listen to scouts about Trayce if that was on the table. CF is a spot where we could use an athlete or two, with the bats we've pulled together a defense first CF is something I will not be mad about if he could get back to a .675 OPS in a year or two with experience, and he's under control through 2021.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 04:13 PM)

Usually I was the one bringing up getting TNT back. Article on CSN about him saying the best 2 months of his life was when he was brought up here. http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-white-so...&yptr=yahoo

I think it makes sense reacquiring him. Dodgers sure don't need him and Swarzak would be more valuable for them as a contender. Engel could stay in CF, Trayce could move to right and Avi to left or just put Trayce in left. At least then 2/3 of the OF is good defensively.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 12:59 PM)
Trayce hit .211 in AAA this year. Soler is destroying same level.

And hitting .150 at the major league level. They are both AAAA players, only one is an ex cub and one is an ex sox

I would absolutely take a chance on Soler. He's got the pedigree, has had flashes of success in the pros, and is only 25.

Trayce seems like a good dude but he never hit enough in the minors to make me believe he was much more than a flash in the pan. Would rather take a chance on a guy like Soler and see if it clicks.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
If Swarzak goes to LA, I'd like to get my old teammate Brock Stewart.

I'd be shocked if a contender did not pick up Swarzak to help reinforce the bullpen for the stretch. Swarzak has the 7th highest WAR for relievers in the mlb this season and great peripherals.

I'm a bit surprised he has not been dealt yet.