Do the White Sox now have the best farm system in MLB?

southsider2k5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes probably clearly the number one system. The system is a little on the risky side (moncada, kopech, giolito, cease) and there is still a lack of middle infield and catching prospects (if collins turns out to be more of a DH rather than a catcher) but every system has its holes and the upside and number of top prospects is off the charts.

QUOTE (GermanSock @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:20 PM)
Yes probably clearly the number one system. The system is a little on the risky side (moncada, kopech, giolito, cease) and there is still a lack of middle infield and catching prospects (if collins turns out to be more of a DH rather than a catcher) but every system has its holes and the upside and number of top prospects is off the charts.

I would like for them to focus on BPA then MI, LHP & C in that order.

Sox have an interesting catching core in the low minors in Collins, Zavala and Skoug. Would love to see Kelly(STL) or Ruiz(LAD) added to that mix.

For MI it wouldn't surprise me to see them target players like Nicky Lopez (KC), Delvin Perez (STL), Kieboom(WAS), Lux(LAD), Arauz(HOU), Mateo(NYY).

and for LHP outside of Sheffield(NYY) or Beeks(BOS), I think they're going to target young LHP like Luzardo(WAS), Duensing(LAA), Cabrera(TB)

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:49 PM)
I would like for them to focus on BPA then MI, LHP & C in that order.

Sox have an interesting catching core in the low minors in Collins, Zavala and Skoug. Would love to see Kelly(STL) or Ruiz(LAD) added to that mix.

For MI it wouldn't surprise me to see them target players like Nicky Lopez (KC), Delvin Perez (STL), Kieboom(WAS), Lux(LAD), Arauz(HOU), Mateo(NYY).

and for LHP outside of Sheffield(NYY) or Beeks(BOS), I think they're going to target young LHP like Luzardo(WAS), Duensing(LAA), Cabrera(TB)

Could Avi net back Kelly in a trade to the Cards?

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:23 PM)

Are cards really buyers still?

I think Kelly for Avi would be interesting. The 1 for 1 part of it makes it feasible.

Still would love Magneurius. Dope name.

Avi's going to have to show something the next few weeks until the deadline. With his history and the way his numbers were plummeting before the break, I don't think anyone is trading a top or even good prospect for him at the moment.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:23 PM)

I think if you think Avi is a 3.5-4+ win player going forward then yes. I think Avi could bring back Kelly and a live arm. If Avi starts the second half on fire and the cards get back into it I could see that trade taking place, Yadi is under contract for 2 more years and Kelly is just waiting at AAA. St. Louis in my eyes is going to run it up to the deadline as their last 10 games break down this way. 3 with the cubs, 3 with the rockies and 4 with the d-backs.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:21 PM)
Mayo says burger, sheets, and skoug will all be top 100 on new list

Sheets definitely not. Burger maybe but I don't think so. Usually only top10-15 overall picks are top100 right away, the guys below that have to prove themselves at least a season or so.