7/20 Games (Giolito, Kopech, Dunning)

KnightsOnMintSt

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 07:55 PM)
Can't wait for Robert to come back and hopefully start doing his thang. The future is beyond exciting!

What good does playing in DR do, compared with over here?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:16 PM)
What good does playing in DR do, compared with over here?

It might be the only reason he's playing with us at all, whether for tax savings or if that was what he wanted to do.

I also agree about Giolito, I'd rather have him in Chicago working with Coop.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:50 PM)
How many innings Kopecki will throw this season? 100? 110? Already at 92 after tonight.

110 maybe? That's just me throwing s*** out there. I'm guessing him and Cease get shut down semi soon.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:52 PM)
110 maybe? That's just me throwing s*** out there. I'm guessing him and Cease get shut down semi soon.

I think so too, don't think he will throw anymore than that, given that it would be double his totals last year.

BTW, still SSS, but Lenyn Sosa is doing pretty well in AZL as a 17 year old rookie. I don't think we've seen anyone from the Sox who played well as a 17 year old in the states in the LatAm era. Hopefully he is one of those low profile signings we've hoping for that really blossoms in his late teens.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:07 PM)
BTW, still SSS, but Lenyn Sosa is doing pretty well in AZL as a 17 year old rookie. I don't think we've seen anyone from the Sox who played well as a 17 year old in the states in the LatAm era. Hopefully he is one of those low profile signings we've hoping for that really blossoms in his late teens.

I mentioned him last night. Intriguing the hell out of me. Gonna be quite the sleeper next year.

Eloy highlights:

https://twitter.com/bhallwfmy/status/888216258616983552

Kid has a huge frame, wow. He might have some issues with off speed stuff due to his longish load but then again his pitch recognition skills and zone command are evident in his slash line. Sox should let him get a taste of AA in August if keeps this up.

Eloy highlights:

https://twitter.com/bhallwfmy/status/888216258616983552

Kid has a huge frame, wow. He might have some issues with off speed stuff due to his longish load but then again his pitch recognition skills and zone command are evident in his slash line. Sox should let him get a taste of AA in August if keeps this up.

Cubs people thought his bat was MLB ready in Spring Training this year. I think the Sox are keeping him at W-S because that's the level he played at for the Cubs, he's clearly ready to move up.

His numbers are almost idential to Kyle Tucker before the Stros promoted him.

Jimenez - 51-177, 9 2B, 2 3B, 9 HR, 39 RBI, 22/38 BB:SO (.288/.370/.514/.884)

Tucker - 51-177, 12 2B, 4 3B, 9 HR, 43 RBI, 24/45 BB:SO (.288/.379/.554/.932)

I usually get on some posters here who wanna rush every spect it seems, but in this case.. I'm pretty sure he'll be fine. Maybe let him have a few more at bats since he's in a new org.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 10:45 PM)
Lots of b****ing about Collins in this thread...dude has a .960 OPS in July .282/.370/.590.

seriously ohh no a 3K game where he hit a HR... what a piece of s***....after tonight's game .275/.362/.575 - .937 for July! people are sleeping on him and missing the forest through the trees.