Sox vs Sawks

Kyyle23

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 02:23 AM)
I'm not sure ive seen a team lose this much.... like 2 wins since the all star break?

I can't remember anything like this.

Kevan smith is the cleanup hitter. Just think about that

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 07:23 PM)
I'm not sure ive seen a team lose this much.... like 2 wins since the all star break?

You can't expect much more, right now this is a AAA team but I guess that's how a rebuild works.

QUOTE (The Mighty Mite @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 07:32 PM)
Is it that much? I thought he had a year left at 12 million.

EDIT.....per Baseball Reference he gets 21 million in 2018 with the Padres picking up 11 million, 2019 there is a 2 million buyout.

Further testimony about the brilliance of General Managers everywhere.

More and more I'm swinging towards the notion that when (if) these kids come up and are good RR is not the guy to lead them to the next level. Scrubs or not, how stupid do you have to be to make these kind of base running blunders and why isn't the staff able (so far) to put a stop to it.

I guess that's why the vast majority of the guys on the roster right now are Triple A cannon fodder. Little actual baseball sense.

Who were the three players benched for not running hard earlier in the season?

By my count, Moncada now has 20 k's in 58 plate appearances (9 walks, hbp).

We have a lot of "25th/26th players" on a big league contending roster now. Hanson, Saladino, the catchers, Engel...pretty much the entire bullpen, Shields, Pelfrey and Holland. Yolmer is seriously fading, too. And even Leury doesn't look like the same hitter he was before his hand/wrist problem.

Of course, we also lost Avi, Frazier and Cabrera from that line-up.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (harkness @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 01:23 AM)

It's not hyperbole to say the current squad the way it is composed is one of the worst in baseball history. The starting rotation is so bad it assures no more than 20 wins the second half. Rinse repeat statement on the current bullpen. You really only have a chance right now, a chance, when Rodon is pitching or if Miguel happens to have a "good Miguel" night, which have become very rare. It's like KU football right now and the last several years. If "somehow" KU happened to play a good game it still would lose because of a blocked punt or pick six or fumble returned for a TD or blocked extra point. If the Sox happen(ed) to play a good game they'd normally still lose cause of getting picked off base or an error on a simple fly ball or bunting taking them out of an inning.

Between 100 and 110 losses. How many is up to conjecture.