Sox vs Stros game 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 05:27 PM)
That actually looks like a MLB lineup. A s*** one, but a MLB lineup.

Among the obvious negativity surrounding the season, and also along with actually the many positives we have witnessed, there is one positive aspect of this season that I have seen very seldom mentioned: our catchers.

If you look at Omar Narvaez' and Kevan Smith's offensive statistics, they are pretty favorable for a couple major league catchers, let alone 2 that don't have much MLB experience. If they can improve their defensive skills and framing, one of them might have a legitimate shot to be the catcher for years to come on this team, with Collins having to force the issue past them. I mean, if you look at other catcher situations on a lot of teams, we are sitting pretty well. I could be wrong, but wasn't Geo Soto re-signed with the Sox for a 1 year deal at the beginning of this season? If so, kind of glad he's been hurt as far as letting our young catchers play. They have done more than their fair share, and IMO have been overlooked by many.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
That actually looks like a MLB lineup. A s*** one, but a MLB lineup.

It's honestly kind of incredible how much of that lineup was starting on a bad Charlotte team last April.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 08:53 PM)
By the time he's back rosters will have expanded.

Ah. Good point, and good to know. Would like to see him get an extended opportunity.

Meanwhile Timmy looking at 2 sliders right down the middle. Let's see what he does now.