9/10 Sox vs Giants

flavum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
This team can't do anything right. We can't even lose the right games? Always get out tanked by the smarter teams. Not a chance Fulmer is anywhere near this good.

Yup. So frustrating. It's nice to see some of the kids do well. But GMAFB. This game had loss written all over it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 04:01 PM)
Yup. So frustrating. It's nice to see some of the kids do well. But GMAFB. This game had loss written all over it.

What exactly could the Sox have done more as an org to lose this game aside from asking players to throw it?

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
What exactly could the Sox have done more as an org to lose this game aside from asking players to throw it?

I'm not mad at the players per se. You're right. I don't want them to go out there and not try. It's just that this team is 30 games below for a reason. They're not supposed to wax Bumgarner. But that's baseball. I get it. Still sucks.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
This team can't do anything right. We can't even lose the right games? Always get out tanked by the smarter teams. Not a chance Fulmer is anywhere near this good.

What did the Sox do that was dumb? How were they outsmarted?

They benched their best pitcher for draft purposes for crying out loud.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 02:30 PM)
I'm not mad at the players per se. You're right. I don't want them to go out there and not try. It's just that this team is 30 games below for a reason. They're not supposed to wax Bumgarner. But that's baseball. I get it. Still sucks.

Um yes the Sox are supposed to wax Bungarner. 1)He had come off an injury lately and hasn't been pitching well. 2) The Sox hit lefties well. Follow baseball and the Sox and you know they had a shot. That's why in the 2nd post of the game thread I said the Sox will light him up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
I feel bad but damn I do not want to win today. But on the other hand, Yolmer hit a double off bumgarner.

I wonder if Carson threw 3 good starts in a row would posters still be upset about draft position. I am fairly convinced that most posters would rather be right about Fulmer being a reliever or bust than admit some good starts will go a long way towards changing their minds. I would 100% rather have Carson Fulmer be a decent 4th or 5 starter than have the 2nd over the 3rd pick or 3rd over the 4th.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 05:31 PM)
Um yes the Sox are supposed to wax Bungarner. 1)He had come off an injury lately and hasn't been pitching well. 2) The Sox hit lefties well. Follow baseball and the Sox and you know they had a shot. That's why in the 2nd post of the game thread I said the Sox will light him up.

Next time put some money on it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
Next time put some money on it.

I rarely gamble. But I am well ahead in money won over money lost due to a huge win on the Raiders/Tampa Bay Superbowl quite a few years ago. I only made those bets because a friend was going to Vegas SB weekend so I asked him to make some bets for me. I won the 3 bets I made and came out at around $4000. I had originally made around 8 bets on that game and my friend who is a much more experienced gambler convinced me to make less bets. Funny thing was I would have won every one of the original 8 bets. But his advice was sound and I was more than happy with the win.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 04:39 PM)
I wonder if Carson threw 3 good starts in a row would posters still be upset about draft position. I am fairly convinced that most posters would rather be right about Fulmer being a reliever or bust than admit some good starts will go a long way towards changing their minds. I would 100% rather have Carson Fulmer be a decent 4th or 5 starter than have the 2nd over the 3rd pick or 3rd over the 4th.

Carson Fulmer was a first round, top ten draft pick selected in between Andrew Benintendi and Ian Happ. I, for one, would very much like to see him develop into something far more than just a reliever. Today's performance was encouraging in that respect.

Finally got to watch the condensed game. Fulmer looked really improved. Love the movement he had on his fastball... reminded me of his Vandy years - through not as nasty due to a loss of 3 - 5 mph.

If he can harness more control, perhaps all hope isn't lost for him as a SP.

Move him to the bullpen and I still believe he can have a good career that is high value... one where we'll see him throwing more nasty Vandy like s***.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 05:59 PM)
Come on, this is lame and you know it

No, him beating his chest like he's some kind of baseball savant is what's lame. Nobody is impressed because "on the second post I said they would light him up" hahaha look at me. One game out of a billion of them. WTF cares? I make predictions all the time. Some right, ALOT wrong. I can admit that. Really easy to do when you have nothing to lose either way.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 06:07 PM)
Carson Fulmer was a first round, top ten draft pick selected in between Andrew Benintendi and Ian Happ. I, for one, would very much like to see him develop into something far more than just a reliever. Today's performance was encouraging in that respect.

Amen

Tankers can root for Pelfrey and Shields and the entire bullpen to get lit up. But today was good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
No, him beating his chest like he's some kind of baseball savant is what's lame. Nobody is impressed because "on the second post I said they would light him up" hahaha look at me. One game out of a billion of them. WTF cares? I make predictions all the time. Some right, ALOT wrong. I can admit that. Really easy to do when you have nothing to lose either way.

Oh so feisty. All I did was correct your erroneous statement that the Sox aren't supposed to beat Bum. They had a good shot at hitting him. Fulmer of course was the wild card. Even if the Sox hit Bum it's not like Fulmer couldn't have also been lit up.. I never predicted a Sox win, just that they would do well against Bum. I also see nothing wrong with beating my own chest. When people are wrong around here everyone lets them know it . When you are correct no one remembers .

I make plenty of mistakes. I made that 2nd post half asleep and also predicted Bum could hit a HR against Fulmer forgetting it was a home game for the Sox.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 06:18 PM)
Oh so feisty. All I did was correct your erroneous statement that the Sox aren't supposed to beat Bum. They had a good shot at hitting him. Fulmer of course was the wild card. Even if the Sox hit Bum it's not like Fulmer couldn't have also been lit up.. I never predicted a Sox win, just that they would do well against Bum. I also see nothing wrong with beating my own chest. When people are wrong around here everyone lets them know it . When you are correct no one remembers .

Yeah, that's true. I'm really not mad here. No sense going any further over something so trivial. I want the Sox to lose EVERY GAME this month. That's just me. I will admit I haven't even looked at what Bumgarner has been doing recently and even if I knew he had been struggling or not pitching up to his extremely high standards I would still expect the Giants to win. They didn't. Oh well.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 05:39 PM)

Let's let that hypothetical happen then. Fulmer has been bad for over a year. He's been bad in AAA, he's been bad in the majors. He's been bad as a reliever and starter.

I'm really glad he had a good start that featured lots of Ks. But no, I don't expect a lot out of him. Doesn't mean anyone is rooting for his failure to be right.

And so that's the reality. Maybe today's start had some incredible change that sets him on a trajectory for success. Or it was just a random good start against a team we are vying for position on. I don't think any Sox players career will be decided by a single game, but I think the white Sox org trajectory very well might.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 04:23 PM)
Yeah, that's true. I'm really not mad here. No sense going any further over something so trivial. I want the Sox to lose EVERY GAME this month. That's just me. I will admit I haven't even looked at what Bumgarner has been doing recently and even if I knew he had been struggling or not pitching up to his extremely high standards I would still expect the Giants to win. They didn't. Oh well.

Good man nice to see a friendly resolution here !