Yoan just hit a homer!

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Scoots @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
Living in Michigan, I can honestly say the Tigers fans are pretty accepting of their rebuild, even if it seems to be going nowhere.

The Tigers have had their fair share of lost seasons in the last 20 years or so. I am looking forward to giving Detroit fans hell for the next decade however.

Yea I'm from Michigan and have a lot of Tigers fans as friends. Their attitude seems to be "well it was coming" and "we had a good run". Only regret is just not winning that title.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
Given the way the market crashed for corner bat-only types this season that seems way too optimistic. I'm thinking the best we could do is a back-end top 100 prospect and not much else.

Because many see STL as a fit for Avi. Give me Carson Kelly and a Hot N' Ready for Avi and I'd be stoked.. Mostly about the pizza though

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 04:37 PM)
Yea I'm from Michigan and have a lot of Tigers fans as friends. Their attitude seems to be "well it was coming" and "we had a good run". Only regret is just not winning that title.

I actually think the Tigers have a very respectable fan base. Every game I have gone to in Detroit, I haven't been heckled or anything, and I have some pretty good conversation with them (helps when you aren't an asshat as a fan of opposing team). It is weird though standing up to cheer for your team during the game and everyone else around you is sitting and disappointed lol.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 06:42 PM)
The Tigers have had a nice run but alot of us Sox fans have seen the writing on the wall for a while. With those contracts, s***ty farm and under performing, it was inevitable.

I will credit some of you for always pointing out their bad contracts and how they would ultimately suck. You know who you are. Nice job. I hope some of your other predictions come true re. the Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 07:15 PM)
I would make a small wager that Avi Garcia is not on the White Sox roster when Eloy Jimenez makes his major league debut with the White Sox.

I have no idea if you are an Avi lover or hater, but can you guys see why I get so upset in these threads? In Greg's world, when Avi goes 5-for-5 with 7 RBI and ups his average to .333 I want to read unabashed love for the guy. Read through this thread, except for Scoots it's neutral Avi at best; trade talk galore. His lousy years must have really soured some on Avi. The guy has had a sensational season. Not even an Avi appreciation thread yet. An Avi trade thread, though, would be very popular.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 07:20 PM)
Trade. Probably this winter. I think he would have been gone already if Hahn had his way.

I don't know why you'd trade a guy that young and that productive unless you want to tank again next year. Seriously. I realize he could flop next year but this year was phenomenal.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
Usually when teams do this, the next game it seems like they barely eek out runs. But they have been on a pretty decent roll with the bats lately. A roll I can't remember for years.

True dat. Sox have been putting up runs against Central Div. teams not named Cleveland of late. But you are right after a game like this, bet the under tomorrow. It just happens in baseball all the time as Dick said.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 09:53 PM)
Whoa what an offensive day for the first 5 hitters. 6 times on base for Yoan! 7 RBI for Avi! Damn

That's the kind of post I like bout Avi. Unabashed happiness.

If you all love Avi and I'm reading it wrong, my bad. I just sense many want him traded asap.

The happiness quotient. ...

Anderson: 3-7 today, 2 RBI, up to .258

Moncada: 4-5, two walks, up to .229 (no need to speak any negative words about him any more; as some of us have said all along he's the real deal; the eye test totally tells you that; i love the fact he's selective like Big Hurt)

Abreu: 4-5, two RBI, up to .308, are u kidding me? What a roll he's on

Avi: 5-5 a home run, 7 RBI, Even Hahn has to be impressed. WTF. Now 17 hrs, 77 rbi; numbers getting up there to where they need to be with juiced ball

Davidson: 3-5, with 3 RBI; as a Davidson lover I'll take it

Tyler: 0-6, poor guy had a lousy year. Bad back.

KC Smith: 2-5, .282 batting average; can he eke out a Tyler Flowers career? Meaning 5-10 years? Nice pension?

Hanson 2-5 with a walk. Hitting .225.

Engel: 1-for-6, .187, love the way he plays CF but he has no future in the bigs. Can't hit the roundball

Shields: Try to dump him on somebody this winter. Seven Ks today; nice job. He's 4-6 now with 5.43 ERA; I'll say this he's way better than Holland.

Albuquerque, Volstad, Holmberg: Can't say I care bout any of 'em.

GO SOX!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
Because many see STL as a fit for Avi. Give me Carson Kelly and a Hot N' Ready for Avi and I'd be stoked.. Mostly about the pizza though

Carson Kelly, lol. Why in the heck would ANYBODY want Carson Kelly over Avi at this point? My gosh the grass is always greener. Why not say Bubba Starling? What the hell has Kelly done so far between the ages of 17 and 22 to make you want him? He wasn't even a first round draft pick which is so important to the rebuild people. My gosh. Talk about undervaluing your own.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 04:59 PM)
I think Carson Kelly is doable. Hasn't set the world on fire with his call up.

You mean you dont want to trade a 26 y.o. All Star OF going into the prime of their career for a career .250 minor league hitter who has 9 MLB hits so far and is only 3 years younger. Not to mention Avi is a good teammate.

Lets put it into perspective. Today Avi got 55% of the total hits that Kelly has in his MLB career. Seems like a really good trade idea.

What we need to do is give Avi a decent 4-5 year deal and wrap him up for the prime of his career.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
Carson Kelly, lol. Why in the heck would ANYBODY want Carson Kelly over Avi at this point? My gosh the grass is always greener. Why not say Bubba Starling? What the hell has Kelly done so far between the ages of 17 and 22 to make you want him? He wasn't even a first round draft pick which is so important to the rebuild people. My gosh. Talk about undervaluing your own.

Because Kelly's glove is legit and could be a huge boon for the young pitching.

QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 07:49 PM)
You mean you dont want to trade a 26 y.o. All Star OF going into the prime of their career for a career .250 minor league hitter who has 9 MLB hits so far and is only 3 years younger. Not to mention Avi is a good teammate.

Lets put it into perspective. Today Avi got 55% of the total hits that Kelly has in his MLB career. Seems like a really good trade idea.

What we need to do is give Avi a decent 4-5 year deal and wrap him up for the prime of his career.

Ditto.

If we make a stupid trade involving Avi for some guy who has never made it, well, I'll just call it Tatis Part !!. Dumb and Dumber.

QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 01:49 AM)

Sensational take.

QUOTE (Quin @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 01:50 AM)
Because Kelly's glove is legit and could be a huge boon for the young pitching.

If you want my comment and promise I won't be banned I'll comment. Otherwise I better leave it alone.