UCLA basketball players arrested in China

greg775

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 08:13 AM)
Is there any proof that Trump actually got them released?

Nope, and I think that is where Ball was commenting, they were already being released before Trump stepped in.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 06:05 AM)
And you would be ok with them being in jail for 10 years? Glad to see where your priorities are.

I’ve finally had enough Greg in my life. Blocked.

I'm glad you blocked me. Jumping to conclusions, much? If you can't see how wrong it is to not be extremely grateful to Trump for helping get them out of China, I can't help you. These guys committed a crime in China for gosh sakes. Real smart. And they could have been cooped up a long long time. Trump and the USA got them back home safely. They owe Trump EVERYTHING. Cause it's no fun to be locked up in a cell in fricking China.

Glad you blocked me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 10:07 AM)
I'm glad you blocked me. Jumping to conclusions, much? If you can't see how wrong it is to not be extremely grateful to Trump for helping get them out of China, I can't help you. These guys committed a crime in China for gosh sakes. Real smart. And they could have been cooped up a long long time. Trump and the USA got them back home safely. They owe Trump EVERYTHING. Cause it's no fun to be locked up in a cell in fricking China.

Glad you blocked me.

Can you link your evidence?

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 19, 2017 -> 12:31 PM)
The President of the United States, tweeting that he should’ve left three collegiate athletes (and US citizens) in a Chinese jail because one of their fathers didn't display enough gratitude to him, is where we are when it comes to the office of the President.

But you keep being greg.

Come on...Lavar was a dumby. Let's not all put this back on the president (for once).

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 08:25 AM)
The first thing they did in their press conference after getting home was to thank Trump.

That the President is begging for this sort of validation is still beyond pathetic. The rest of the world knows how petty and easily influenced he is if you just puff up his ego a bit.

I agree with this, but Lavar Ball was ridiculous (not that it should surprise anyone).

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colle...m=.208b69b8b154

It's honestly amazing Trump happened to be in China when this happens. Is there a bigger ridiculous feud possible than Trump-Lavar Ball?

So, just Trump's word. Frankly he shouldnt be commenting on any of this.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 04:20 PM)
Can you link your evidence?

Cmon. Trump is the president. If he said he talked to the Chinese president on the 3's behalf he probably did.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
The first thing they did in their press conference after getting home was to thank Trump.

That the President is begging for this sort of validation is still beyond pathetic. The rest of the world knows how petty and easily influenced he is if you just puff up his ego a bit.

I'm glad the 3 players thanked Trump. Dad was out of line.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)
Come on...Lavar was a dumby. Let's not all put this back on the president (for once).

Exactly.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 05:48 PM)
Sorry, but I don’t hold Lavar Ball and THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES in the same regard. If Lavar Ball wants to shoot his mouth off, it doesn’t bother me as much...seeing as it’s Lavar Ball.

You have a an adult child sitting in the Oval Office, demanding more praise for something he did. Because he didn’t get it, he wished that three kids spend the next 10 years in a Chinese jail.

Yeah, let’s not all put this back on Trunp. What a guy.

Obviously Tony doesn't think the crime was that bad. I do. I think it was ridiculous the players were that stupid and rude to try to steal stuff from a store in China. China is not exactly the place to get caught doing such a stupid rude act.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)
Cmon. Trump is the president. If he said he talked to the Chinese president on the 3's behalf he probably did.

He's lied directly to the public over 2,000 times. Not exactly a track record for anyone to believe a f***ing word out of his mouth.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)
Obviously Tony doesn't think the crime was that bad.

That's not even close to what he said.

He simply thinks (along with many other people) that maybe the POTUS should act a little more presidential. You seem to be ok with him acting more like toddler.

QUOTE (Quin @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
So, Greg, do you submit punishing people for the sins of the father?

No I'm glad the 3 players thanked Trump. But it's pretty unusual and sad the dad would be so unrepentant when Trump/USA got the kids out of jail. If you remember when the story first broke all the articles were reporting that those players could be kept in jail 8 months or so even before the trial. They were in a deep pile of crap. If Trump doesn't ask Xi for leniency and laughs it off those 3 players likely would still be there. Now in answer to your question I think it's good the players thanked Trump and haven't said any more since. But daddy opened his trap and Trump responded. Big deal if Trump doesn't look presidential. he's a buffoon. We all know that. But I'm just upset at the fact LaVar feels so entitled just cause his kid is a future NBA player. I'm not going to change my mind that LaVar is an ungrateful jerk over all this. I'm assuming the players are contrite as they appeared to be and thankful. Even though Trump is a moron IMO I don't blame him for tweeting back at LaVar since that's what Trump does.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 05:04 PM)
That's not even close to what he said.

He simply thinks (along with many other people) that maybe the POTUS should act a little more presidential. You seem to be ok with him acting more like toddler.

Trump is never going to act presidential. We just have to hope he doesn't cause nuclear war. I'm not 'ok' with him acting like a toddler, I just think in this situation daddy Ball was SO out of line I don't mind Trump fighting back against the ungrateful person. Again, he's lucky his son isn't in jail 8 months just waiting for trial.

As far as Tony and him blocking me, he obviously proves he's a guy who doesn't want a discussion. he's right and that's that. Greg is just some dope that he has no time for.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 10:48 AM)
So, just Trump's word. Frankly he shouldnt be commenting on any of this.

According to this, Trump didn't really do much of anything but is still taking all the credit.

LaVar had one salient point: The players had already been released from jail and were sent to the team hotel, a nice Hyatt Regency, long before Trump had heard about the case. They were almost certainly headed for so-called “Administrative Action,” which is akin to a misdemeanor case. A lengthy prison sentence, which technically was on the table initially, was not a real threat after UCLA and the U.S. Consulate got involved and the players humbly admitted and apologized for their actions to the Chinese.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 01:06 PM)
Trump is never going to act presidential. We just have to hope he doesn't cause nuclear war. I'm not 'ok' with him acting like a toddler, I just think in this situation daddy Ball was SO out of line I don't mind Trump fighting back against the ungrateful person. Again, he's lucky his son isn't in jail 8 months just waiting for trial.

As far as Tony and him blocking me, he obviously proves he's a guy who doesn't want a discussion. he's right and that's that. Greg is just some dope that he has no time for.

Ball is doing this solely to keep his name in the media and to promote his company and his shoe line or whatever. Trump is gullible enough to fall for it and feeding into it.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
Ball is doing this solely to keep his name in the media and to promote his company and his shoe line or whatever. Trump is gullible enough to fall for it and feeding into it.

Trump is doing it to keep the eyes away from all of the other stuff going on. Totally wagging the dog.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)

Its probably good pr for both of them. Trump's base likely loves this stuff and I doubt that many of Ball's potential customers are going to side with Trump.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 21, 2017 -> 01:21 PM)
Its probably good pr for both of them. Trump's base likely loves this stuff and I doubt that many of Ball's potential customers are going to side with Trump.

It's why i'm not sure this will ever end. These two found each other and neither will blink. You aren't supposed to cross these streams.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 03:16 PM)
Oh god, he's tweeting again, what an asshole

They need to keep Ball off TV. He enjoys baiting the hosts of shows and his interrupting and cocky attitude is not good TV IMO. Others may like that kind of TV I find it makes me cringe.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
They need to keep Ball off TV. He enjoys baiting the hosts of shows and his interrupting and cocky attitude is not good TV IMO. Others may like that kind of TV I find it makes me cringe.

yet you enjoy watching Hannity who supports child molesters.