Ohtani signs with the Angels

southsider2k5

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
I wonder if the Cubs get them if their moron fans will break out the racist t-shirts again.

Does Ohtani have a twitter account yet ? If he does, a tweet with a few articles and pictures of the shirt may be enough to eliminate the Cubs shortly. With such little time to pick a team and most of it dedicated to going over each team's presentation and questionnaire answers I'd imagine that whole Fukadome situation was overlooked.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 12:44 PM)
Seems like Kenny was surprised/not pleased that they werent given a chance to meet with him face to face in the 2nd meeting. I dont blame him.

What I do blame them for is making it appear everyone had some sort of chance, when it is now quite obvious that wasn't the case. I wonder if they even bothered examining half the presentations. When you have $300k to gvie him and the White Sox recent history, you can't blame him for looking elsewhere. KW is mad like I am made after I buy a Powerball ticket and don't win.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)
What I do blame them for is making it appear everyone had some sort of chance, when it is now quite obvious that wasn't the case. I wonder if they even bothered examining half the presentations. When you have $300k to gvie him and the White Sox recent history, you can't blame him for looking elsewhere. KW is mad like I am made after I buy a Powerball ticket and don't win.

His criteria is a little stupid though. Apparently small market teams unless your in the LA area...which is now a small market?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 12:51 PM)
Scott Merkin‏Verified account @scottmerkin 14m14 minutes ago White Sox EVP Ken Williams on pursuit of Ohtani: "Our guys put together a great initial presentation. I was a little surprised we weren’t afforded the opportunity to sit down with him..."

It would definitely be easier to swallow if the other Chicago team wasn't afforded an opportunity either.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 12:52 PM)
His criteria is a little stupid though. Apparently small market teams unless your in the LA area...which is now a small market?

LA isn't small. Dallas isn't small, SF isn't that small, the Cubs aren't small. The small market didn't apply to more than half.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 12:51 PM)
Scott Merkin‏Verified account @scottmerkin 14m14 minutes ago White Sox EVP Ken Williams on pursuit of Ohtani: "Our guys put together a great initial presentation. I was a little surprised we weren't afforded the opportunity to sit down with him..."

Scott Merkin‏Verified account @scottmerkin 26m26 minutes ago More Williams: "I felt when we get in front of people, there’s a second presentation and there’s an opportunity to express the genuineness in dealings with our players throughout the years and the consistency as far as that’s concerned. It kind of resonates with people."

Jim Bowden🌟🎤‏ @Jim_BowdenSXM 42m42 minutes ago Digesting the Ohtani seven finalists: West Coast preference especially California, respect for Mariners & Rangers past successful experience with Japanese players & the Theo factor incl. how strong Cubs are built for next five years….Interesting only 3 AL Teams where he can DH

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 01:52 PM)

Remember that no one from Otani's camp has said ANYTHING about a small market -- that was Cashman that said that. More assumptions made by irresponsible people on Twitter and exacerbated by irresponsible reporting. This whole this has been assumptions and speculation.

Levi Weaver @ThreeTwoEephus Available budgets for remaining Ohtani finalists: Rangers ($3.53m), Mariners ($1.57m), Angels ($1.315m), Cubs ($300k), Padres ($300k), Dodgers ($300k), Giants ($300k)

James Fox‏ @JamesFox917 24m24 minutes ago This is true but #Rangers, #Angels and #Mariners can still acquire more international money. Texas can acquire around $1.5 million, Seattle can acquire $2-$2.5 million, and LA can acquire roughly $2 million.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
Levi Weaver @ThreeTwoEephus Available budgets for remaining Ohtani finalists: Rangers ($3.53m), Mariners ($1.57m), Angels ($1.315m), Cubs ($300k), Padres ($300k), Dodgers ($300k), Giants ($300k)

James Fox‏ @JamesFox917 24m24 minutes ago This is true but #Rangers, #Angels and #Mariners can still acquire more international money. Texas can acquire around $1.5 million, Seattle can acquire $2-$2.5 million, and LA can acquire roughly $2 million.

This is my tweet so I'll elaborate:

Rangers: Have $3.53 million. They can acquire roughly $1.5 million more. Total: $5 million.

Mariners: Have $1.57 million. They can acquire $2-$2.5 million more. Total: $3.5-$4 million

Angels: Have $1.315 million. They can acquire $2 million. Total: $3-$3.5 million.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 06:54 PM)
This is my tweet so I'll elaborate:

Rangers: Have $3.53 million. They can acquire roughly $1.5 million more. Total: $5 million.

Mariners: Have $1.57 million. They can acquire $2-$2.5 million more. Total: $3.5-$4 million

Angels: Have $1.315 million. They can acquire $2 million. Total: $3-$3.5 million.

I’ll gladly deal away more bonus pool money in exchange for prospects