White Sox acquire Joakim Soria, Luis Avilan and $3 Million

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 07:21 PM)
I wonder how much cash the White Sox are getting back. Wasn't Peter exposed in the rule 5?

This deal seems very low risk depending on how much cash we get back. Two decent looking relief options can’t hurt.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 06:23 PM)
This deal seems very low risk depending on how much cash we get back. Two decent looking relief options can’t hurt.

For a guy you were willing to let go for $50k, I agree.

I wonder if this deal helps KC sign one of their free agents or if it is the beginning of a rebuild. Their vaunted bullpen appears to be in shambles.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 06:26 PM)
For sure, just meant I doubt Sox view losing him as a critical loss

Absolutely not. They are so deep in the middle infield right now, getting anything for him is a bonus as far as I am concerned. Realistically the only thing we "gave up" is the money for Soria as far as I am concerned.

Really nice work for Rick in the 3 way deal to get a player for basically nothing. They have Avilan for two more years if they want.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 06:38 PM)
Friedman and Hahn have a pretty good working relationship. Guessing dodgers needed Team to take salary to work out, called one Sox

I always thought when they moved in together for spring training, the White Sox and Dodgers would be making more deals. When they shared with the DBacks, they seemed to deal with them a lot. I supposed they see the other organization a lot.