White Sox vs Rays 1:10 pm

Kyyle23

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 07:27 PM)
He's very good if he only has to pitch an inning or two at a time. Obviously that isn't what we hoped for when the Sox drafted him, but he could still be a valuable contributor on the next good Sox team.

Hopefully his velocity increases a bit as reliever. Two years ago, it did not

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 02:49 PM)
This is how Fulmer looked in the spring unfortunately.

If you're not ready to accept some struggles from Carson Fulmer this year I don't know what to tell you. There's a talented pitcher in there, but I'd wager he winds up with an ERA above 5.00 this year. We're trying to undo the damage we did to him in 2016, so that's our penance.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2018 -> 07:54 PM)
It's going to be nice when Sox pitchers start throwing strikes again.

Too many walks, way too few strikeouts from the starters. Oh well, at least Kopech/Cease/Dunning have looked good and Lopez looks great

Repeat after me: player development is not a linear function. There are zero guarantees that these guys come up and become stars right away. That is more rare than your typical player development function which is more like a sinusoidal function. Full of peaks and valleys.

Edited by Jack Parkman

I'm honestly not overly alarmed by this kind of outing from Fulmer. It's obviously not good but I knew he was going to fight his command a lot and that's what this was. I'm encouraged because his stuff looked good and they struggled to square him up. I'm prepared for much of his season to be filled with this kind of inconsistency.