5/9 1:10, Pirates vs White Sox

flavum

Just now, greg775 said:

I know you guys are frustrated with me. But you can't seem to accept my answer to this, which is for the front office to do a better job of assessing FA talent, signing FA talent that is not named LaRoche, also developing some of the first rounders we've had. You named a few of them: I actually was against adding Shark, Melky. I liked Thome, Robertson. But you guys can't accept that I blame individuals with offices on 35th and Shields for not being able to do what I want (win) the way I want (to win). I am of the contention that just because THEY couldn't do the job, it was impossible to do the job. I don't appreciate this sudden desire to lose for gawd knows how many seasons.

Samardzija and Melky were pretty rotten and they were key contributors on mid-70s win teams that you are now ok with, so you admit that 75 wins is your ultimate goal and you don't care about a team getting over .500?

1 hour ago, fathom said:

The sooner people allow themselves not to worry about players that will have no impact on the roster in two years, the easier this will be for them. I would much rather Lopez pitch great and they lose than for him to have done horrible with bad velocity and they sneak out a win.

It's really this easy.these losses suck but they'll be distant memories soon enough

19 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Here's  better false choice:

At least it was Jones who got annihilated and not Fry.

Fry was the best part of the day; I've seen Lopez do what he's done before.

True dat....and don't forget Palka.  He's been such a pleasant surprise IMO.  Glad he got a chance to show what he can do.  And watch...when Garcia comes back they'll send him down and keep Thompson and Engel and the .buck O shit average.

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

It's really this easy.these losses suck but they'll be distant memories soon enough

You hope. There is no guarantee that the prospect will come up and perform well. This team needs many of them to perform well.

1 minute ago, Wanne said:

True dat....and don't forget Palka.  He's been such a pleasant surprise IMO.  Glad he got a chance to show what he can do.  And watch...when Garcia comes back they'll send him down and keep Thompson and Engel and the .buck O shit average.

Without Engel and Thompson, who would play CF? 

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Without Engel and Thompson, who would play CF? 

well obviously one of them has to stay...so eenie, meenie minnie moe which one and Leury would.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Can't you get it through your mind that some fans are die-hard fans and have been all Sox all the time for a long time? We can't walk away or we would. It's ingrained. I bought mlb hoping to enjoy Moncada, etc. I didn't expect 48 to 52 victories for gawd sakes.

Can't you get it through your head that you are a grown up who doesn't need to do things that hurts his poor little feelings?

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I guarantee you there are a lot of beer-swilling lifelong die hard Sox fans on the South Side throwing cans of cheap beer against the wall suffering through this crap. Some of you can write off seasons in hopes of 'wait til next year.' Some can't. If you can pay for the trips to the psychiatrist, send me the checks. Message boards are forms of therapy for angry fans, believe it or not.

Why?  You don't seem to be able to handle it either.

31 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’ll support any manager not condoning jogging down the line anytime. It doesn’t have to be running for your life, but run hard.

Just watched the Leury play, and that was nitpicky by Renteria. 

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The Garcias, Nicky, and Palka are far and away our best outfielders, and demoting any of Leury/Delmonico/Palka rather than Engel/Thompson when Avi is back would be an indescribably puzzling move. 

DFAing Engel might be the best move.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The Garcias, Nicky, and Palka are far and away our best outfielders, and demoting any of Leury/Delmonico/Palka rather than Engel/Thompson when Avi is back would be an indescribably puzzling move. 

Delmonico is barely a passable LF. He would be awful in CF. Palka doesnt seem athletic enough but i havent seen him much. Leury can do itbut then there is no back up.

Edited by ptatc

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Rebuild or not 3 home wins so far is unacceptable.

This whole rebuild is unacceptable. Nothing like this has ever been done before. Some hard core White Sox fans are supporting this so called rebuild/tanking. The average White Sox fan is walking away from this nonsense. Virtually every game I've been to this year has had a sparse crowd. They're announcing tickets sold. Believe me, most of these games don't have 2,000 fans  in the stadium. The vendors are complaining about the small crowds  because they're not making any money.  The upper deck is closed for most of the games. This is the ugliest situation I've seen since the 1968-1970 seasons. I figure if the 2019 season is as bad as the 2018 season we might possibly see some major changes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

This whole rebuild is unacceptable. Nothing like this has ever been done before. Some hard core White Sox fans are supporting this so called rebuild/tanking. The average White Sox fan is walking away from this nonsense. Virtually every game I've been to this year has had a sparse crowd. They're announcing tickets sold. Believe me, most of these games don't have 2,000 fans  in the stadium. The vendors are complaining about the small crowds  because they're not making any money.  The upper deck is closed for most of the games. This is the ugliest situation I've seen since the 1968-1970 seasons. I figure if the 2019 season is as bad as the 2018 season we might possibly see some major changes.

I quit reading when you lied in the second sentence. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Samardzija and Melky were pretty rotten and they were key contributors on mid-70s win teams that you are now ok with, so you admit that 75 wins is your ultimate goal and you don't care about a team getting over .500?

No, I want titles.

22 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Interesting post. I guess we are going to find out if attendance matters at all in the day and age of franchises being worth a billion dollars. Cause it's early May and this team won't sell any advanced tickets the rest of the season except the Cub games. I wish some enterprising Website reporter would count the fans actually in the stands at games. Go down to the field from the press box in the third inning and fricking count the fans. I mean what did a day game today draw? I didn't watch it but were there 2,000 in the house? Maybe attendance truly doesn't matter anymore. But this season, last season and now, next season, wow we are gonna be bad and unless you do the secondary market (which obviously anybody who wants to go to a game should do) there's no reason to pay real prices to watch this crap, especially with Moncada and Avi out.

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

Some of us don't write off entire seasons. It's early May for gawd sakes. Some of us consider the rest of the season a long long time to endure unprecedented White Sox lousiness. This team has the worst team in Sox history written all over it.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Then shut the heck up and stop whining because this is the only way. You get to pick, either you want titles or you want 75 wins like 2015 and 2016.

The White Sox are big boys. They can take some whining from life long fans disgusted by this who will be embarrassed by the upcoming Cub massacres. If I were Cub hitters I'd bring the long ball attitude to this series (unless wind is blowing in). Uppercuts galore cause eventually you are going to run into a pitcher who will deliver meat to you and your lumber.