5-13 GT - Sox @ Cubs - 1:20pm CST

Giolito (1-4, 7.25 ERA) vs. Hendricks (3-2, 3.02 ERA).

Sox broadcast is on NBCSCH and it appears the is on MLBN for out of market viewers.

I hate using a message board to talk about my personal life, but this is a huge game for me.  I made an unwise decision to marry a diehard Cubs fan and both of us of dream of having our kids follow in our fandom.  Our four year old son has never gone to a baseball game because we both want his first experience to be at our own park.  We have finally decided that today’s game will settle matters once & for all.  This may seem stupid to most of you, but the thought of my son’s first baseball experience being at Wrigley covered in Cubs gear makes me sick.  I consider this game a must win and hope Giolito can regain form and help us avoid a sweep.  God knows we could all use a win after these last two games.

GO SOX!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Do what I did and tell your kids that the Cubs don't like legos and Toy Story. That will make them Sox fans quickly 

Tell them the Cubs will steal their chicken nuggets as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Giolito (1-4, 7.25 ERA) vs. Hendricks (3-2, 3.02 ERA).

Sox broadcast is on NBCSCH and it appears the is on MLBN for out of market viewers.

I hate using a message board to talk about my personal life, but this is a huge game for me.  I made an unwise decision to marry a diehard Cubs fan and both of us of dream of having our kids follow in our fandom.  Our four year old son has never gone to a baseball game because we both want his first experience to be at our own park.  We have finally decided that today’s game will settle matters once & for all.  This may seem stupid to most of you, but the thought of my son’s first baseball experience being at Wrigley covered in Cubs gear makes me sick.  I consider this game a must win and hope Giolito can regain form and help us avoid a sweep.  God knows we could all use a win after these last two games.

GO SOX!!!

That would be a dealbreaker for me. If it’s in Wrigley, he needs to be in Sox swag. Compromise.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

That would be a dealbreaker for me. If it’s in Wrigley, he needs to be in Sox swag. Compromise.

I wish man, but I don’t want him going to his first Sox game in Cubs gear if we can pull this one off today.  Has to be all or nothing and now it’s in the hands of the baseball gods.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

21 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Im in the same boat, my wife is a Cubs fan. My older daughter is all about the Cubs but will still rock the Sox swag at least. My son is still too young so I have hope to convince him. 

I’ve got two one year olds as well and am far more optimistic about them based on when our window should open.  Just not a good time to convince a four year old to become a Sox fan given how things stand in Chicago.  My wife makes that clear to him on a daily basis.

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just not a good time to convince a four year old to become a Sox fan given how things stand in Chicago

I'm racking my brains trying to think how you can work this if the Cubs win , maybe you could start crying uncontrollably and he will feel so sorry for his Dad that he can only do one thing to rectify the situation .

48 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...I’m already working angles like this, but everyday is a battle.

Can’t force it, I grew up in a Cubs family and just never connected.  Went to a game in 1990 at old comiskey and all the sudden I was like “I LOVE BASEBALL AND THIS TEAM”

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Can’t force it, I grew up in a Cubs family and just never connected.  Went to a game in 1990 at old comiskey and all the sudden I was like “I LOVE BASEBALL AND THIS TEAM”

Such a fun year to be a Sox fan. Went to a bunch of games, and the players were so likable.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

No way a fan walks into Sox Park this year and gets that feeling. I've been to a lot of games and the park has been dead with zero afterlife energy even. I told my fiancee all boys will be Sox fans for sure. That is non negotiable as men control the sports scene in the house. I don't really care about the girls because even die hard girl baseball fans are casual with it. Last thing I need is a son with baseball knowledge like us to be a Cubs fan. Fuck no. That being said, you should have at least waited for the series in September to make that beat. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

No way a fan walks into Sox Park this year and gets that feeling. I've been to a lot of games and the park has been dead with zero afterlife energy even. I told my fiancee all boys will be Sox fans for sure. That is non negotiable as men control the sports scene in the house. I don't really care about the girls because even die hard girl baseball fans are casual with it. Last thing I need is a son with baseball knowledge like us to be a Cubs fan. Fuck no. That being said, you should have at least waited for the series in September to make that beat. 

Alrighty then

33 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

That would have ended my engagement immediately.

Edited by ptatc

56 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That would have ended my engagement immediately.

Well you wouldn't obviously say it in that manner, but that is how we feel about it. You come up with some sap story of family legacy and buy Sox gear for him early on. You may even have him watch games when you two are together. And don't feel bad because women control most of the things our kids will do anyway, so it's a victory we deserve lol. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

Once the kids are old enough, just take them to way more Sox games than Cub games,  watch way more Sox games on TV than Cub games and the kids will come around. I could be mistaken, but I doubt the wife will be as persistent in taking the kids to games as you would be. If she demands to go to 10 Cub games a summer with the family, however, you could be screwed.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

If she demands to go to 10 Cub games a summer with the family, however, you could be screwed.

:lol: , I really hope this ends well . My son went to Goodison Park (Everton) aged 5 before any school friends could influence him.