Avilan/Cedeno "in play"

southsider2k5

4 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

I'll take the two roster spots for Bummer and maybe Fulmer or Hamilton..Avilan and Cedeno are deadweight to me

Don’t get me wrong, trading them is the correct thing to do. I just think there will be minor league free agents this winter that are far more interesting then what they get back.

10 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Don’t get me wrong, trading them is the correct thing to do. I just think there will be minor league free agents this winter that are far more interesting then what they get back.

Perhaps we can combine it with Intl free agent space to improve return.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Wow. Sox just sent $1.5 million in pool money to NYY for a lefty AA reliever. Good call.

He had just been promoted to AAA.  Very high walk rates until this year where something may have clicked.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Wow. Sox just sent $1.5 million in pool money to NYY for a lefty AA reliever. Good call.

Between the light 2018 signing class and teams like orioles suddenly spending on latam, suddenly felt like the market for our spending allowance got better.