Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

29 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Do I think it will happen? No. But they pretty much offered Manny $350 million with the stipulations, so I could see the Sox offering that, but just guaranteeing it.

I'd be happy if they guaranteed $300 mil at this point since they didn't even do that with Manny.

47 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

I am curious how their fan base feels about not landing a whale yet. 

At least they got Realmuto, Robertson, and Cutch so far. Bryce would make their off-season perfect, but they were already a competing team. Adding those guys should get them to the 88-90 win territory. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

They got Realmuto and Arrieta. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

At least they got Realmuto, Robertson, and Cutch so far. Bryce would make their off-season perfect, but they were already a competing team. Adding those guys should get them to the 88-90 win territory. 

Im referring to how their fan base feels about not landing one of Machado or Harper.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

I'd be happy if they guaranteed $300 mil at this point since they didn't even do that with Manny.

Harper is a lot better than Machado.

Look, I dont have a problem with spending $300m on Manny Machado because 26 year old players of his caliber dont hit free agency too often, but I gladly let him go to San Diego rather than lock him up and risk losing out on a truly generational talent like Harper.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

Look, I dont have a problem with spending $300m on Manny Machado because 26 year old players of his caliber dont hit free agency too often, but I gladly let him go to San Diego rather than lock him up and risk losing out on a truly generational talent like Harper.

We're not getting Harper man.

• Like 1

Just now, iamshack said:

Oh it will be WORSE

Really? They have actually added a bit this off season already and their fans seem to be pretty damn confident in what they have without Harper. I don’t get the sense they would go batshit like we have but they are the worst fan base out there, just terrible people. 

Just now, shipps said:

Really? They have actually added a bit this off season already and their fans seem to be pretty damn confident in what they have without Harper. I don’t get the sense they would go batshit like we have but they are the worst fan base out there, just terrible people. 

Yeah but the Phillies phanbase actually cares about their team.

Just now, shipps said:

I think the disappointment from Sox fans over Machado is a culmination of an utterly failed project to reload the minor leagues and repeated moves that defy belief, particularly Tatis Jr.

Phillies fans will be pissed but they'll get over it. The Sox are just hopeless if they dont land Harper.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shipps said:

I mean, philly.