Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

Ken rosenthal when he’s cheerleading white Sox to sign one of the two: good

Ken rosenthal when he’s cheerleading Phillies to sign one of the two: bad

Ken rosenthal when he’s cheerleading the cubs self protecting actions and accommodating Addison russel: also bad

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Ken rosenthal when he’s cheerleading white Sox to sign one of the two: good

Ken rosenthal when he’s cheerleading Phillies to sign one of the two: bad

Ken rosenthal when he’s cheerleading the cubs self protecting actions and accommodating Addison russel: also bad

For the last one you mean very bad

31 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is the same thing we see with the Bulls. Lebron said the meeting was the best, Wade said he almost signed, yada yada yada. Get the job done once and open the floodgates. It may just be the Sox and Bulls can't relate to young athletes. 

Courting the top NBA free agents is more like college recruiting b/c with the max contracts, everyone with salary cap space is offering similar financial terms so you have to sell everything else.  Here, we at least have the option to throw some money around to separate ourselves.  Since we were apparently willing to give up some real prospects to trade for Machado just to have the chance at re-signing him, I tend to think we're willing to be somewhat aggressive financially, but who knows.    

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Are any of the Chavez-talk threads still out there?  I remember being on here, I think at the beginning of the 05 season when I was in high school, posting like a dumbass high school kid would but living and dying on every game of that season...eventually lost the login info to that old username and created this one, but man that was that a fun time.  

All of the threads are still there.  Heck even the Decline of Mark Buehrle and the Ronald McDonald thread, which are two of my all-time favorites.

1 hour ago, Flash Tizzle said:

5 posts in the last 4 years 😳

Who else can we call out of the darkness of lurking?!

I've been on and off lurking this board for 12 years now. Great time for my first post!

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Roman, is that you?

And this is the post that got me out. I am not the Roman who apparently was a jackass on here, but I used to post as TheOldRoman on WSI, for maybe 6 years or so. Then the board dwindled, the mods became overbearing, and I just decided to leave. I've checked back there a few times since leaving, and WSI is a ghost town now, consisting entirely of the people who made me want to leave. Anyway, my former screen name was taken when I tried to register here, so I just went with this. I haven't posted on any Sox site in years, so I figured this is as good a time as any to come out of the shadows. Hi, everybody!

• Like 3

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

All of the threads are still there.  Heck even the Decline of Mark Buehrle and the Ronald McDonald thread, which are two of my all-time favorites.

Well all threads until the day of darkness

In perhaps the absolute lamest correlation ever, this thread is like Pitch Perfect 2 when the old Bellas of the past team up with the new Bellas to take out the evil Germans to win the World A Capella Championship only this time the Germans are the Yanks and Phillies and that championship is Machado and or Harper.

I'll see myself out lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

In perhaps the absolute lamest correlation ever, this thread is like Pitch Perfect 2 when the old Bellas of the past team up with the new Bellas to take out the evil Germans to win the World A Capella Championship only this time the Germans are the Yanks and Phillies and that championship is Machado and or Harper.

I'll see myself out lol

If this means we get Manny or Bryce, you can stick around.

• Quin locked this topic