Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

28 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Let's lay down some rules - you can attack sources, arguments, strange points, etc. You can jokingly respond to things.

Don't go around attacking posters with abusive language. Do not call for someone to be banned, because mob rule isn't a thing here.

I've actually been thinking about general online group behavior for a while. I feel like something that could work would be instituting a mandatory 30 second delay before your post or tweet or whatever is sent in which time you have an option to cancel the message. Hopefully having to look at whatever you are writing for a long enough time might make you reflect on if you really have the strong feelings you are writing or if it passes by the time the message would be sent. Even if it doesn't accomplish that goal, it would likely slow down communication enough to where there is some break in the action. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I was reminded of it because I saw @spataro51 viewing the Harper thread the other day despite not having posted in 9 years. I was hoping he'd post another bombshell, but alas, no dice.

We always had that one poster come out of nowhere to get it done. That was one of my favorite memories though. 

48 minutes ago, fathom said:

way too many posts these days on this board talking about posters and not actual information/opinions

X1000 I kept trying to think of a nice way to say it. I've said it before and I'll say it again but it's kind of sad  that the personal attacks albeit sometimes hilarious get the most love/ style points whatever you want to call them. Why is it so hard to ignore those guys ? If you don't give them any attention their posts mean nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

X1000 I kept trying to think of a nice way to say it. I've said it before and I'll say it again but it's kind of sad  that the personal attacks albeit sometimes hilarious get the most love/ style points whatever you want to call them. Why is it so hard to ignore those guys ? If you don't give them any attention their posts mean nothing.

Because its all about meaningless likes.

Its the post facebook internet. Before if you agreed you actually post and add something to the conversation. Now you can just press a button.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, DaGame2584 said:

LOL, the officer was always due. One of my earliest memories was Hawk & Wimpy always teasing about Spanky running the bases. I'm about to be 35 in Feb. The only regret I've had as a Sox fan is that I actually haven't had a chance to see them live. Hopefully this season.

You've never been to the park? You absolutely need to go. I personally love it

8 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

As a relatively new member, I need a nostalgic sox talk thread or history of sox talk thread like I need air to breathe

Try this http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/forum/36-2005-season-in-review/

Or just go to the Soxtalk home page and scroll down to Soxtalk Classics/Archive .You can find all kinds of stuff there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Try this http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/forum/36-2005-season-in-review/

Or just go to the Soxtalk home page and scroll down to Soxtalk Classics/Archive .You can find all kinds of stuff there.

Check this one out. 

Imagine being that YASNY guy who actually picked the Sox to be in the World Series in 2005........but lose.

Whoops!

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Check this one out. 

Imagine being that YASNY guy who actually picked the Sox to be in the World Series in 2005........but lose.

Whoops!

I was here back then, joined in August 2004. This place was jumpin' in the playoffs and World Series. Hope to get back to that.

• Love 1

• Quin locked this topic