Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

So let me get this straight...it's not cool to jump to conclusions about this guy who's been tied in with the Baltimore stuff because of something wrong 4 years ago. But no issues posting incarceratedbob reports or the thread from the other poster which hasn't materialized yet? Just as long as it's in the White Sox's favor it's all good....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Did her ever break something this significant though?  Like Merkin has because he’s the voice of the club, but usually the big stuff is from national guys or complete rando’s from what I’ve seen.

I think he had the Freddy Garcia deal in 2004. They used to break stuff all of the time before Twitter. They used to be the most legitimate sources there were. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I am sorry but Dan Clark is not going to come out and tweet that as definitive as he did unless he is absolutely sure. I will eat my words if it winds up not happening, happily, but I would be willing to bet my next pay check that this is going to wind up being true. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Baron said:

So let me get this straight...it's not cool to jump to conclusions about this guy who's been tied in with the Baltimore stuff because of something wrong 4 years ago. But no issues posting incarceratedbob reports or the thread from the other poster which hasn't materialized yet? Just as long as it's in the White Sox's favor it's all good....

lol I think Incarcerated Bob is full of it too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shipps said:

I am sorry but Dan Clark is not going to come out and tweet that as definitive as he did unless he is absolutely sure. I will eat my words if it winds up not happening, happily, but I would be willing to bet my next pay check that this is going to wind up being true. 

Dibs on the pay check.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I was referring to Scott Gregor & Chuck Garfein.

Merkin and Fegan do break Sox news, but I can see where you're coming from RE: magnitude.

Since no national guys are picking up on this, I am going to chill and see what happens for now.

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

You are way too invested in the White Sox continuing failure. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, daggins said:

Merkin and Fegan do break Sox news, but I can see where you're coming from RE: magnitude.

Since no national guys are picking up on this, I am going to chill and see what happens for now.

They're probably working to confirm.

2 minutes ago, daggins said:

That’s all I was getting at.  He most definitely could be right here, but I’m shocked none of the national guys have jumped on this given that Dan Clark isn’t some no named hack.  Just seems odd to me, but admittedly I’m an optimistic and an prepared to go down with the ship here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Then move to Cleveland and let us dream of better days bro 😜

Nah I'm enjoying the Bears quite alot right now. Although the Bulls do mirror the suffering of Cleveland sports right now. 

Just now, Saufley said:

So, who's all buying those SoxFest tickets? 

It's going to be ridiculous. Fans are going to be irrational and eviscerate Hahn for not getting either of these guys. Doesn't matter if they offered good money. There are fans that won't believe it. 

Just now, Sockin said:

It's going to be ridiculous. Fans are going to be irrational and eviscerate Hahn for not getting either of these guys. Doesn't matter if they offered good money. There are fans that won't believe it. 

If he offered a contract that the Yankees could match or beat he shouldnt get any credit. 

Just now, Sockin said:

This is against everything I usually believe in, but people need to be patient with Hahn for the next few months.  Still a lot of transactions possible around the majors.

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

I don’t even know what’s worst to be honest.  Like it should totally be not offering a sizably larger contract than the opposition, but at the same time if guys are turning down tens of millions to play elsewhere then we are seriously fucked.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t even know what’s worst to be honest.  Like it should totally be not offering a sizably larger contract than the opposition, but at the same time if guys are turning down tens of millions to play elsewhere then we are seriously fucked.

Thats the problem. There's the belief that players just don't want to come here and the team's reputation is not good. It needs to change and quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Well here’s some free advice to Hahn, don’t brag about trying to get top players, brag about getting them.

• Like 4

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic