Pending White Sox Move? (*May contain partially digested news)

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

No, I wanted to quote the one where you said you were perfect.  Immediately after you made a 2nd grade mistake.  

See the problem is I was asked how I felt. Not if I make no mistakes. But glad I could help correct you. I'll bill you for my time. 

Edited by Baron

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

A couple of the leads came from posters who have been long time members with no history of trolling, not sure why there is a need to mock them like trolls.

I think it's especially magnified because of all the misinformation in the media over the least 2-3 weeks.  It's been way too speculative leading to a lot of cynical responses.

36 minutes ago, Baron said:

See the problem is I was asked how I felt. Not if I make no mistakes. But glad I could help correct you. I'll bill you for my time. 

Well, I don't feel corrected.  You should have said you feel perfectly.  Fun times though mate.  Your check is in the mail.  Though I'd bet you're going to be waiting a while.  I think I should be billing you as a English tutor, ah well, charity cases are often done pro bono, so this one is on me.  

Edited by turnin' two

15 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

A couple of the leads came from posters who have been long time members with no history of trolling, not sure why there is a need to mock them like trolls.

Seriously. This isn't a Peavy44 situation (or even Ron if you think he's full of shit). B>W is a hell of a poster. I definitely back with what he said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Seriously. This isn't a Peavy44 situation (or even Ron if you think he's full of shit). B>W is a hell of a poster. I definitely back with what he said.

Not only that, but look around the majors. There’s been one major league deal announced over last 3 days.  It’s just a quiet overall period.

19 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Yeah....I presume there was legitimate truth to what was reported. Very long time poster who I thank for sharing the info. Whether it ends up happening or not...I'm not going to doubt the legitimacy of the source.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Last thing he said was  "All I got" so if that's all he got what else can he offer ? He's not obligated to repeat himself .

This person doesn’t have an obligation to repeat himself, but threads that don’t have updates and just chatter are meaningless save for discussion until a move is announced.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, The Beast said:

This person doesn’t have an obligation to repeat himself, but threads that don’t have updates and just chatter are meaningless save for discussion until a move is announced.

You have been a member of soxtalk long enough to not act surprised about what this thread is 

8 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Well, I don't feel corrected.  You should have said you feel perfectly.  Fun times though mate.  Your check is in the mail.  Though I'd bet you're going to be waiting a while.  I think I should be billing you as a English tutor, ah well, charity cases are often done pro bono, so this one is on me.  

So hostile. This has been quite amusing. 

Edited by Baron

1 minute ago, spiderman said:

No mocking, but I do question posters (of any history) claiming to have inside knowledge.

Many years ago, I had a source. A guy I worked with was/is friends and did some business with one of JR's sons. He once gave me some info, and I was mocked. It turns out about a half hour after I posted who the Sox made their main target, he was traded to Atlanta. So I was a liar, etc. Later it did come out that the Sox did indeed make a serious effort at the player. 

So people do get random inside info. This particular poster doesn't appear to be hunting for recognition and doesn't appear to have a need to have everyone think he's an insider. We have had a couple of those. Someone who was right once, either on a guess or random info. Then decided to take their new "insider" status and run with it. Eventually, it's easy to spot. 

Mocking isn't going to encourage anyone who does have info to post it. I know I never would anymore. If I had anything juicy there are a few posters I would send a private message. But I don't work with that guy anymore, so that probably wouldn't happen anyway.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I just say this, if you don't believe the source then just don't bother with the thread.  No need to argue about the validity of the source to the point that you are trolling the thread

Right.  If you guys really need someone to mock, Kyyle is right here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1