Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I'm buying it and still think that this burner Twitter account is the Reinsdorfs. As I said earlier; perhaps Machado's team was trying to maximize the leverage of Sox Fest, knowing that the front office would have loved to have been able to answer all of the fans' questions about Manny, in the affirmative. Now that Sox Fest is over and the Sox didn't give in to Lozano's demands, I think Manny signs soon. The Pederson trade has other contingencies, as we have discussed, on both sides. My only question is; Would such a tweet be in violation of the CBA?

Edited by Lillian

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

I'm buying it and still think that this burner Twitter account is the Reinsdorfs. As I said earlier; perhaps Machado's team was trying to maximize the leverage of Sox Fest, knowing that the front office would have loved to be able to answer all of the fans' questions about Manny, in the affirmative. Now that Sox Fest is over and the Sox didn't give in to Lozano's demands, I think Manny signs soon. The Pederson trade has other contingencies, as we have discussed, on both sides.

There is zero chance that any Reinsdorf is doing this. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Tell us more. And, would it be permissible to disclose that? Also, would it be disadvantageous for the Sox?

Lillian I’m usually with you but there is no way a Reinsdorf is going to waste his time with a silly burner account. They just don’t strike me as the burner type in the least bit. 

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

Lillian I’m usually with you but there is no way a Reinsdorf is going to waste his time with a silly burner account. They just don’t strike me as the burner type in the least bit. 

I wasn't referring to Jerry Reinsdorf, but rather one of his sons.

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I wasn't referring to Jerry Reinsdorf, but rather one of his sons.

I know, just the Reinsdorf family in general, don’t seem like that type at all. The burner type almost screams for attention and they never seem to want to be out there out there like that before. 

5 minutes ago, shipps said:

I know, just the Reinsdorf family in general, don’t seem like that type at all. The burner type almost screams for attention and they never seem to want to be out there out there like that before. 

Well, they aren't putting their name to it. That's just some of us speculating. They have complete plausible deniability. 

Edited by Lillian

12 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

It’s crazy that we are about to sign Machado for 30+M and Abreu will probably end up with a better offensive season, but less WAR.

Machado has had a better OPS+ than Abreu two out of the last three years, and did it while playing gold glove 3B (and some less than stellar SS).

1 minute ago, shipps said:

Everyone said the same thing about Wetbutt23

Setting aside all of the other factors, which would be part of any consideration for one of J. R's sons to tweet that, can you see how they might desire to anonymously and secretly provide some good news to the fan base? 

Edited by Lillian

Just now, Lillian said:

Setting aside all of the other factors, which would be part of any consideration for one of J. R's sons to tweet that, can you see how they would desire to anonymously and secretly provide some good news to the fan base? 

If they wanted this news out there, they'd give it to whoever their favored beat writer/reporter is. There's no reason to be completely anonymous about it.

Just now, Lillian said:

Setting aside all of the other factors, which would be part of any consideration for one of J. R's sons to tweet that, can you see how they would desire to anonymously and secretly provide some good news to the fan base? 

Nah considering probably less than five percent of the fan base even see that random tweet other than us obsessed peculiar folks. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres