GT: MIN v CHW, 7/26/19, 7:10

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

When Goins has a better approach at the plate than most of our hitters, we need to dump Steverson.

Add Cooper to the list and that's the trio that needs to be gone.  I know this is a rebuild. I didn't expect the sox to win more than 75 games this year. It's game 101 and we keep seeing the same mistakes over and over!! When is enough?  

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I said it back in April that the Twins, not the Indians, are the Sox’ biggest competition within the division for the first part of their contention window (what else is new). The good news is that I think the Twins are peaking over the next couple years and the Sox are the likely division favorite starting in 2021.

Could be earlier if the league begins to regularly test the Twins for ped's

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Well when the twins offer real money and we offer deferred Reinsdorf bucks that have a magical unknown value if you wait for it.  Most people see through that scam and will pick the other team.  

Yep.  The Sox think they can sign FA's at their price and then are left standing there with their schvonce in their hands.

No top free agent is going to sign a deal with incentive-based garbage over guaranteed money.  The Sox are ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Well when the twins offer real money and we offer deferred Reinsdorf bucks that have a magical unknown value if you wait for it.  Most people see through that scam and will pick the other team.  

Look, Reinsdorf and/or Hahn/KW may very well fuck things up this offseason, but we should have more money to spend than any other team.  There is no legitimate excuse for failing to land what we need.  And the fanbase should fucking riot if it doesn’t get done.  Potty training time was the Machado pursuit last offseason, now they need to get serious and drop that heat square in the bowl.  Misses are no longer acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

Add Cooper to the list and that's the trio that needs to be gone.  I know this is a rebuild. I didn't expect the sox to win more than 75 games this year. It's game 101 and we keep seeing the same mistakes over and over!! When is enough?  

It is hard to look good when you lose like we do...but the coaching is suspect at the very least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep.  The Sox think they can sign FA's at their price and then are left standing there with their schvonce in their hands.

No top free agent is going to sign a deal with incentive-based garbage over guaranteed money.  The Sox are ridiculous.

Well remember how KW was confused that Machado took the deal with real money attached instead of something with maybe more money.   I await the same leaks to nightingale, the same mystery deferred reinsdorf bucks, and more pitching other things besides money.   

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Look, Reinsdorf and/or Hahn/KW may very well fuck things up this offseason, but we should have more money to spend than any other team.  There is no legitimate excuse for failing to land what we need.  And the fanbase should fucking riot if it doesn’t get done.  Potty training time was the Machado pursuit last offseason, now they need to get serious and drop that heat square in the bowl.  Misses are no longer acceptable.

The only way this happens is if the owner changes.   If you cant outbid the San Diego Padres for Manny you wont outbid anyone for anything.  the only hope they have is to jump on a secondary FA while the primary FAs are being courted by the big boys.  They showed their true colors.  They are who they are. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The only way this happens is if the owner changes.   If you cant outbid the San Diego Padres for Manny you wont outbid anyone for anything.  the only hope they have is to jump on a secondary FA while the primary FAs are being courted by the big boys.  They showed their true colors.  They are who they are. 

Great post and oh so true, sadly.

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

It blows my mind people think the Sox will get Cole.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Even if they finish with below 70 wins and Cease has to be shut down to prevent his ERA from going above 6 or even 7?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Is that my new nickname?  Sweet, I’ll wear it with great honor...thanks!!

No, that’s reserved for Tom Selleck, lol.