Zack Wheeler Thread

caulfield12

9 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

My understanding of the process means it gives us a chance to clear a spot on the 40 earlier in the off-season as the decision to non-tender isn't due for a couple months. If our intention was never to bring him back, might as well start that process early to give ourselves flexibility, right?

Non tender deadline is literally a week from today, so no. 

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Because Zack Wheeler.

I don't know though...you could just DFA Yolmer or one of the handful of guys that are highly unlikely to survive the offseason anyway (Zavala, Medeiros, Vieira, Covey, Fulmer) if Wheeler is signed.  Don't think this is related, though I do think the timing is strange.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't know though...you could just DFA Yolmer or one of the handful of guys that are highly unlikely to survive the offseason anyway (Zavala, Medeiros, Vieira, Covey, Fulmer) if Wheeler is signed.  Don't think this is related, though I do think the timing is strange.  

I get the argument but it was probably decided awhile ago Yolmer was not going to be a part of the team at that price.  Those other guys are just fodder and depth if nothing else.  The timing is definitely really weird though.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

At that point the mods will have unethically edited the thread title ~10 times minimum.

Seems like all the speculation is related to the leak of the Palka and Yolmer moves. No sources have come forward regarding what might be next beyond pure speculation. 

5 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

But real talk.  I do enjoy the complete random-stupid twitters rather than someones real page.. I remember the guy who broke the Eaton trade 2 days before it was announced (with exact prospects), was Fake Peter Gammons. 

If a lemon-based twitter account  breaks the Wheeler signing it will be perfect.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think we signed Grandal early to avoid snoopers and to convince good pitching to sign here. I think we try to wrap Wheeler up so that we can go after a second pitcher and right fielder in time for the rush starting December 8th. 

I don't know if it was intentional but Grandal should serve as an inducement to most potential pitchers all else being equal.

• Haha 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler Thread
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic