Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer

Soxnfins

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Nope, that's how people do these fake ones, change one letter and make it look reasonable.

No idea why people do this. 

It's the most ridiculous thing in sports. 

In hockey they have to watch out for Boob McKenzie. Tits McGee is on vacation. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I wonder who the two people with direct knowledge of the talks are that Bob spoke to. I wonder who those two people could be, who want to show Sox fans they are trying secretly. I wonder if the Joc deal falls through again if these two people will blame the leak again. 

Jason Kinander and Clinton cole

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I wonder who the two people with direct knowledge of the talks are that Bob spoke to. I wonder who those two people could be, who want to show Sox fans they are trying secretly. I wonder if the Joc deal falls through again if these two people will blame the leak again. 

I see no advantage of the Sox leaking this so I'm just not sure who it is; even though I want to assume Kenny.

Probably an agent plant

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I see no advantage of the Sox leaking this so I'm just not sure who it is; even though I want to assume Kenny.

Probably an agent plant

If we don't see them fire back with Bruce, I could see it being a back off this guy is ours message but who's to say

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Probably an agent plant

But Bob is Kenny and Hahn's mouthpiece. He wouldn't have mentioned Joc without their approval. Especially after the deal was said to fall through because of a leak.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

But Bob is Kenny and Hahn's mouthpiece. He wouldn't have mentioned Joc without their approval. Especially after the deal was said to fall through because of a leak.  

Theres no way Hahn talks through the media this year. Kenny, sure but not Rick.

Trade talks come from a lot of different angles.

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Buster worded this oddly because it almost sounds like he's assuming wheeler goes there.

A lot of national writers talking about this today leads me to believe that the pre-winter meeting deadline has some serious reality tied to it.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ahahahaha 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Theres no way Hahn talks through the media this year. Kenny, sure but not Rick.

Trade talks come from a lot of different angles.

That makes no sense, unless they were coordinating everything (one completely silent, the other too talkative)...why would you sit there and allow important negotiations to be leaked unless it served the best interests of the deal (pressuring the team holding a trade asset or player/agent) to make it actually come to fruition?

When has Hahn ever turned down an opportunity to speak...but actually said something substantive?  And wouldn’t the entire national sports media figure this “strategy” out and start going to Stone, Merkin, Benetti, Haber and other plugged-in sources?

So, ultimately...we’re supposed to buy that Kenny’s just running around “going rogue,” after what transpired last year?  That just strains credulity.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer