Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And this one is real.

Lmao at bernstein. Talk about throwing stones in a glass house.  Guy is so much more disgusting than la russa.

media just love to tear people down to generate clicks. Lets ignore all the black players that thrived under la russa throughout his career as a manager

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, ChiSox1917 said:

Lmao at bernstein. Talk about throwing stones in a glass house.  Guy is so much more disgusting than la russa.

media just love to tear people down to generate clicks. Lets ignore all the black players that thrived under la russa throughout his career as a manager

Much better to ignore what a black player is saying.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Hey man, Bernstein says a lot of shit, but he doesn't have a DUI.

1 minute ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Really rich coming from you. 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even if you don't care, when you walk into a lockerroom full of guys who do exactly what TLR is saying he won't allow them to do, it is a major concern.  Look again at the list of players who knelt, and tell me if it is worth screwing things up with those guys.  Look at Macrus Stroman's reaction to TLR to get an idea of what players of minority backgrounds think if the guy.  I care about what key players on this team and potential free agents think.  Destroying the clubhouse before the season even starts seems like the absolute worst thing that you can do to this squad heading into 21.

This is a totally different conversation though. I agree that it is something that will need to be addressed between Tony and the players, and he should let players do as they please when it comes to the anthem. But for the media to say he isn't a friend to black people because of his anthem opinion is a pretty fucked up thing to say.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, KrankinSox said:

This is a totally different conversation though. I agree that it is something that will need to be addressed between Tony and the players, and he should let players do as they please when it comes to the anthem. But for the media to say he isn't a friend to black people because of his anthem opinion is a pretty fucked up thing to say.

Totally disagree.  This is how people of color in general see this issue. We are already seeing this seep out with the reaction of a guy like Marcus Stroman.  Trust me when I say he isn't alone.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

He’s been accused of being racist by a few players in the past

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Yeah, because obviously they thrived thanks to Tony's "tough love." They didn't thrive due to their talents and skills or anything like that.

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

He's allowed to want to stand for the anthem and he's allowed to think it's the right thing to do but he's not allowed to tell a black person they can't kneel and if they're going to that they have to do it in the clubhouse.  That's fuckin bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

He's allowed to want to stand for the anthem and he's allowed to think it's the right thing to do but he's not allowed to tell a black person they can't kneel and if they're going to that they have to do it in the clubhouse.  That's fuckin bullshit.

^ This.  Over and over again, this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, because obviously they thrived thanks to Tony's "tough love." They didn't thrive due to their talents and skills or anything like that.

Did i say that? Nope. Learn to read...and start watching games while youre at it.

the point is that these players got along well enough with la russa to succeed at the highest level and win several championships, results we would kill for. We are not hiring someone to be friends with the players, something you all seem to be missing. It really makes me wonder if any of you have jobs and work with people with different views than your own

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m sure Jerry doesn’t care. Ironically, I doubt fans are allowed anyways next year.

This feels like the "us against the world (world being the fans of the team he owns)" scenario Jerry thrives on

and by thrives I mean stubbornly ignores until it consumes the org and he pulls the trigger for change 3-4 years too late.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic