Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

I've been holding out hope the "JR asked La Russa to put his name other there to make hiring Hinch seem more palatable" smokescreen is true, but the longer this goes on the more concerned I am.

TLR is getting absolutely roasted online, having old demons like drunk driving brought up, called out for being a racist, etc., and all around having his name dragged through the mud. If this was a ruse, one or both of JR/TLR would've seen it's done it's job by now and politely said he's graciously turned it down or whatever.

Doing a favor for a friend is one thing. Continuing to get excoriated just to give a little cover seems increasingly unlikely at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

conversely, my friend Tim from college who is a Cards fan is wondering why the Sox want to hire someone who "hasn't coached in a while and I'm guessing he's kinda behind the times since the baseball job he's held for a long time is with a bad organization"

I do not have any friend's from college named Tim.  I do have a friend named Tim down here in Saint Louis that usually gets way too drunk on Sunday's and sometimes throws up all over the bar.  I have not been able to reach him yet for his opinion.  Stay tuned.

14 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

That may be true, but the prevailing consensus among Sox fans I encountered over the following decades, while we watched our former manager win title after title, was "just like the f'n Sox to let this guy go."  That's why I'm still shocked by the level of hatred on this board (even though I don't want them to hire TLR myself).

The mistake wasn't firing LaRussa.  It was hiring Harrelson.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Scott Merkin: "One thing I've learned about the White Sox over the past two decades is the “news” that becomes front and center about the team without confirmation usually doesn't happen."

I don't think TLR is getting hired.

I’m 99.9% certain A.J. Hinch will be announced as our next manager by next Friday.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I find the wanting Hinch as repulsive as wanting Larussa .I mean you might as well consider Ozzie Guillen while you're at it if you are looking for a controversial hire.

A) Guillen = quitter

B) Hinch = cheater

C) La Russer = old douche

Give me option B of those three options

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I do not have any friend's from college named Tim.  I do have a friend named Tim down here in Saint Louis that usually gets way too drunk on Sunday's and sometimes throws up all over the bar.  I have not been able to reach him yet for his opinion.  Stay tuned.

come on man.

• Love 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic