Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

2 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Did i say that? Nope. Learn to read...and start watching games while youre at it.

the point is that these players got along well enough with la russa to succeed at the highest level and win several championships, results we would kill for. We are not hiring someone to be friends with the players, something you all seem to be missing. It really makes me wonder if any of you have jobs and work with people with different views than your own

No, you're just out of touch. 

The bottom line is that black people think that being against kneeling is racist. If they think it's racist, then I think it's racist.  

I go by their reaction. It's not a white dude's place to decide what is and isn't racist. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I wonder if the hold up on announcing it is that they are working on getting player approval from the leaders?  Could be.

.....or people are running wild on the reports of an announcement today from a person you generally should not listen to. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, you're just out of touch. 

The bottom line is that black people think that being against kneeling is racist. If they think it's racist, then I think it's racist.  

I go by their reaction. It's not a white dude's place to decide what is and isn't racist. 

You speak for all black people?

I wonder if the hold up on announcing it is that they are working on getting player approval from the leaders?  Could be.

creating the social media video of tim anderson reading "I am so very excited to play for Tony La Russa" while Reinsdorf holds a gun to his head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

He's allowed to want to stand for the anthem and he's allowed to think it's the right thing to do but he's not allowed to tell a black person they can't kneel and if they're going to that they have to do it in the clubhouse.  That's fuckin bullshit.

Are racial matters the only thing that it's OK to kneel for?  I personally don't really care if they kneel, do what you want if you feel it's the right thing to do. But where does the line stop for making political statements. What if Christian players started kneeling because they don't support abortion laws in this country? Would you back them up? If not, I guess that makes you a suppressor of religious freedom. If Latino players started protesting immigration laws?  I bet you'd pick and choose your side based on your own political agenda....

Anyway, agree to disagree.  Tony is entitled to his opinion and it does not make him a racist.  If he's actually hired, I'd hope this would be something he chooses to re-think his stance on and tells the players they are free to do as they choose. I just hope we hire Hinch and this conversation is moot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

In general I do think people here (looking at you Jack) misperceive how people like Tim and Tony operate.  These are not wilting flowers otherwise they wouldn't be where they are in their profession.  If there are differences they will talk it out and I'd expect even if the talk didn't go well that both would carry on as professionals.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In general I do think people here (looking at you Jack) over estimate how people like Tim and Tony operate.  These are not wilting flowers otherwise they wouldn't be where they are in their profession.  If there are differences they will talk it out and I'd expect even if the talk didn't go well that both would carry on as professionals.

Agree. Tim Anderson is a mature adult. I can't say the same for Stroman.

In general I do think people here (looking at you Jack) over estimate how people like Tim and Tony operate.  These are not wilting flowers otherwise they wouldn't be where they are in their profession.  If there are differences they will talk it out and I'd expect even if the talk didn't go well that both would carry on as professionals.

This is the way most adults operate in the real world.  But its kind of fun seeing soxtalk jump off the rails based on random tweets

• Like 1

In general I do think people here (looking at you Jack) misperceive how people like Tim and Tony operate.  These are not wilting flowers otherwise they wouldn't be where they are in their profession.  If there are differences they will talk it out and I'd expect even if the talk didn't go well that both would carry on as professionals.

I feel the same. 

Hate to put words in a guys mouth, even though I am absolutely going to, but I have an inkling TA and, let's say, McCann didn't see eye to eye on pleeeeeeeenty. 

I'm more worried about death by a thousand cuts with multiple players type thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Timmy probably agrees with Stroman on things a lot more than disagrees

Probably. But the difference is Tim is more capable of having thoughtful conversations with people of differing opinions and working things out. Stroman strikes me as operating more emotionally than thoughtfully.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

And yet there are clear cases of TLDR not operating this way during his managing career with the Cardinals.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic