Trade Whispers - Starting Pitchers

Chicago White Sox

This thread is so far up its own a$$ it's long since disappeared.  But I have to say that every time I'm reading a super-earnest, overwrought post screaming at others to stop using laugh emojis, then I hear the little "blip" and see a laugh emoji appear next to the post, I actually laugh out loud.  As the kids say, this is what I'm "here for"

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Every time one of our threads derails this heavy, I just wonder how fanbases like the A's (not really done anything), Rays (traded their ace cause he makes more than $0), Twins (standing by and letting the Sox make moves to improve the team), and Cubs (lmao) are doing.

• Love 1

I don't know if this was mentioned at all in any of the other paragraphs about the topic, but why not add a sad and a dislike reaction to cover all of the possible internet feelings. Maybe the dislike reaction could be a dumpster fire or a garbage can fire, just spit balling here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Every time one of our threads derails this heavy, I just wonder how fanbases like the A's (not really done anything), Rays (traded their ace cause he makes more than $0), Twins (standing by and letting the Sox make moves to improve the team), and Cubs (lmao) are doing.

I don't have a lot of other fans bases on my feeds, but Cubs fans are standing on the edge of a tall building, contemplating how the Rickets lied to them, and whether a rebuild is worth it.

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I don't know if this was mentioned at all in any of the other paragraphs about the topic, but why not add a sad and a dislike reaction to cover all of the possible internet feelings. Maybe the dislike reaction could be a dumpster fire or a garbage can fire, just spit balling here. 

We had a couple of negative reacts early on, but they ended up being more trouble than they were worth, so they were ditched.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I want the eye roll emoji 🙄 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

We had a confused face emoji and some posters were legit ready to throw down over them.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Liam Hendriks wouldn't have signed here if we did this.

I generally dislike change so the fire emoji disturbs me to my core...plus I have no idea when it is appropriately used.

Please no more options.  :cool:

....and are there any actual Trade Whispers-Starting Pitchers?

Edited by wegner
  • Fire 5

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

I generally dislike change so the fire emoji disturbs me to my core...plus I have no idea when it is appropriately used.

The fire emoji is used in a similar fashion to NBA Jam. When someone has three straight quality posts they are heating up, and the fourth one means they are on fire. I guess if someone is lying you can use the fire emoji as well. You decide. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

It's been a slow day so a debate on emojis and their use broke out. 

26 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I would pay money for a middle finger emoji

I have only used the like and/or love emoji.  The laughing emoji never occurred to me as anything other than ...you made me laugh.  I have to admit that your middle finger emoji has real possibilities, however.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, wegner said:

Actually with where we are at this point of the offseason, I am calling Carlos Rodon.  See if he bites in the 3 or 4 million range, and offer him the first crack at 5th starter.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Actually with where we are at this point of the offseason, I am calling Carlos Rodon.  See if he bites in the 3 or 4 million range, and offer him the first crack at 5th starter.

Cubs interested in Rodon. I’m willing to bet there are 29 other teams more likely to get Rodon than the Sox.

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

This thread is so far up its own a$$ it's long since disappeared.  But I have to say that every time I'm reading a super-earnest, overwrought post screaming at others to stop using laugh emojis, then I hear the little "blip" and see a laugh emoji appear next to the post, I actually laugh out loud.  As the kids say, this is what I'm "here for"

It doesn’t bother me, it just makes me pity the person. Only a troll does something like that, simply because they have to deflect what a person is saying. Literally the only reason to do so is to seek extra attention, which is a weird thing to do when involved in a serious discussion. I dunno, I guess being a troll soothes people's bruised egos. I guess I'm wierd because I actually have a need to make sense and never resort to such a thing. People just like to jerk themselves off. Childish. Not interested.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

• Quin locked this topic