Trade Whispers - Starting Pitchers

Chicago White Sox

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is nothing funnier than someone talking about something not bothering them while simultaneously repeatedly complaining about it. 

There is: someone trolling and playing to the crowd for cool points because he simply cannot refute a single point being presented to him.

More people need to try being an adult sometime. Fishing for reactions and attention instead of actually focusing on the discussion is for perpetual children. 

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think this is all a ploy by RagahRagah so he can surpass me for number 14 on the reputation point list. He secretly wants all the laugh emojis. 

If you enjoyed a post of mine, be sure to hit the "like" bottom on the bottom right corner of the post. Thanks folks. 

Edited by ron883

16 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

It doesn’t bother me, it just makes me pity the person. Only a troll does something like that, simply because they have to deflect what a person is saying. I dunno, I guess being a troll soothes people's bruised egos. I guess I'm wierd because I actually have a need to make sense.

Yes, they're lazy.  And unable to respond to your airtight argument, so they just deflect.  They're really just admitting defeat in the argument because they can't respond to one of your points, even though they're in bullets.  It's actually sad and absurd how lazy they are.  Just lazy and deflecting, so they can't respond to your argument out of laziness, and not paying attention.  Instead they just deflect.  It's absurd how much their deflecting just proves your point, really.  And lazy.

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Well, collectively we've worried about various SP trade candidates for 52 pages, Nelson Cruz for 42 pages, Trevor Bauer for 32 pages, and Adam Wainright for 10 pages. Some posters share tweets here so quickly after they occur that they must be spending the entire day refreshing Twitter looking for anything to share, and there are at least three Twitter accounts that seem to have no other purpose than to troll us and we seem to be more than happy to oblige. I get that COVID has limited our activity options for a year and that the Bulls and Hawks suck, but Jesus Christ start a new series on Netflix, or watch some movies on HBO Max or start a blog or something.

Also, the number of permanently or temporarily former posters that I'd had to look up in order to understand why current posters compulsively mention them is staggering.

If you're on a message board complaining that people are posting too much, I think you're doing it wrong, man.

I'm just saying, when employers are combing your social media before they hire you, they aren't going to criticize your Soxtalk Reputation Score.

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I think this is all a ploy by RagahRagah so he can surpass me for number 14 on the reputation point list. He secretly wants all the laugh emojis. 

If you enjoyed my post, be sure to hit the "like" bottom on the bottom right-hand of my post. Thanks folks. 

❤️

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RagahRagah said:

There is: someone trolling and playing to the crowd for cool points because he simply cannot refute a single point being presented to him.

More people need to try being an adult sometime. Fishing for reactions and attention instead of actually focusing on the discussion is for perpetual children. 

You've got nothing.  You burn entire threads down and whine about who is reacting to your post instead of answering for your lack of substance.  Instead you quibble and name call. Notice how many people are saying the exact same thing here. You talk about trolls, but every post made here is Trolling 101. Come back when you actually want to do the things you ask everyone for.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You've got nothing.  You burn entire threads down and whine about who is reacting to your post instead of answering for your lack of substance.  Instead you quibble and name call. Notice how many people are saying the exact same thing here. You talk about trolls, but every post made here is Trolling 101. Come back when you actually want to do the things you ask everyone for.

I made my argument first. You never even acknowledged it. Sorry about your sense of entitlement.

But I'll be the better man anyway. Please list exactly what you want me to refute and I will, even though you won't do so.

But seeing as you repeated one of my own posts back to me verbatim, it seems to me you're just trolling. A mod should be above such behavior. You might need to grow up a bit.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

Just now, RagahRagah said:

I made my argument first. You never even acknowledged it. Sorry about your sense of entitlement.

But I'll be the better man anyway. Please list exactly what you want me to refute and I will, even though you won't do so.

But seeing as you repeated one of my own posts back to me verbatim, it seems to me you're just trolling. A mod should be above such behavior. You might need to grow up a bit.

Still nothing. Let's see that substance. Let's see you do some refuting.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Still nothing. Let's see that substance. Let's see you do some refuting.

If this is how you behave regularly you are completely unfit to be a moderator. 

Have fun jerking yourself off. I'm done until you want to be serious. Glad you got thre attention you needed.

Edited by RagahRagah
  • Haha 1

Just now, RagahRagah said:

If this is how you behave regularly you are completely unfit to be a moderator. 

Have fun jerking yourself off. I'm done until you want to be serious. Glad you got thre attention you needed.

Still nothing. All you have to do is live up to your own words, yet here you are name calling.  Again.

• Thanks 1

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Because he is a troll and we are all dumb enough to fall for it. 

How the fuck am I trolling when I am making legitimate points about a baseball team and a childish mod mocks my posts and claims I am doing what he is doing?

If you don't like my posts, then put me on fucking ignore, dude. I don't care. Posts like these are mere attention grabs. 

Stop "falling for it," then and block me. Just go and do it right now. Seriously. If it bothers you that much. 

36 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If you enjoyed a post of mine, be sure to hit the "like" bottom on the bottom right corner of the post. Thanks folks. 

Ya caught me. I ain't giving you guys nothing but my green number is going up by the second.

Suckers!

15 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Speaking of arguing, I feel like i haven't seen Ray Ray on here in a while.

There was a thread I made that had a bunch of basketball talk in it. He bumped it up because me and others told him he was wrong about some things (valuing Colin Sexton above Wendell Carter Jr, among other things). He ended up being right, so he bumped it to prove us wrong. 

I ended up deleting the thread because I didn't want him gloating towards me. (I made it, so I was able to delete it). He thought Tony deleted the thread, so he made a post trashing Tony and then said he was leaving. He hasn't been back since. I feel slightly bad because I liked the guy, but it's his fault for overreacting, lol. 

Here's his going away post 

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?/topic/110142-2020-nba-regular-season-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4038930

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

If you're on a message board complaining that people are posting too much, I think you're doing it wrong, man.

I'm just saying, when employers are combing your social media before they hire you, they aren't going to criticize your Soxtalk Reputation Score.

It's not the people post too much, it's that we've beaten every possible topic to death and people still post.

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

There was a thread I made that had a bunch of basketball talk in it. He bumped it up because me and others told him he was wrong about some things (valuing Colin Sexton above Wendell Carter Jr, among other things). He ended up being right, so he bumped it to prove us wrong. 

I ended up deleting the thread because I didn't want him gloating towards me. (I made it, so I was able to delete it). He thought Tony deleted the thread, so he made a post trashing Tony and then said he was leaving. He hasn't been back since. I feel slightly bad because I liked the guy, but it's his fault for overreacting, lol. 

Didn't you do something similar with a pitcher on another team? Montas maybe? Lol

Just now, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

It's not the people post too much, it's that we've beaten every possible topic to death and people still post.

True. We had a Schwarber thread for God's sake.

I've been glued to my phone for the last week hoping something would break for us. But at this point I'm doubting anything even happens. Hope I'm wrong.

• Quin locked this topic