4-5 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Vaughn seems to be guessing up there right now. Every AB is 0-2 or 1-2 before it even starts.

Sounds like Luis Robert for most of September...hopefully he can get a base hit against one of these lesser teams and start to build some confidence.

The bottom of the White Sox line-up is looking like the days of Mark Johnson and Royce Clayton, unfortunately.

PS: Looks like Gonzaga is going to be fighting all night to get their NC game below a margin of 8-10.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, 102605 said:

I'd petition for Moncada to bat 9th but we are a supposedly contending team that is actually starting Billy Hamilton

Hamilton ABs have been much better than Moncadas the past 3 games

• Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

Sadly he’s going to find himself sent down if these at bats continue.  His swing looks different and not in a good way.

It is the hard part of a guy not having real upper level minor league time to work through the adjustments. That said - really small sample size too.  If anyone could handle it - it is him...but you are spot on - in time, once the minor league season starts, they may need to send him down and have him work on LF and just get more experience.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sadly he’s going to find himself sent down if these at bats continue.  His swing looks different and not in a good way.

He's swinging at a bunch of off speed junk

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I didn't regularly watch Madrigal play in college or in the minors, so I don't know. But you can find countless scouting reports on Madrigal from credible outlets (Future Sox, Fangraphs, Baseball America, BP, Keith Law etc) and I don't ever recall a single one of them suggesting he wouldn't be a good defensive second basemen. Of course scouting reports can be wrong, but throwing those out based off of ~33 games in the majors seems like a huge overreaction to me.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2020/12/11/22170759/2017-draft-revisited-mitch-trubisky-topped-a-lot-of-charts

In reality, Trubisky was the highest rated quarterback in that draft, according to most (but not all) draft analysts, including ESPN’s Mel Kiper, who had Trubisky rated ahead of Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes, Watson and Pitt’s Nathan Peterman. (For the record, former Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki had it Watson-Trubisky-Mahomes.)

In retrospect, it’s Pace’s blinding fixation on Trubisky that reflects most poorly on his judgment.

https://www.mlb.com/news/nick-madrigal-taken-4th-overall-in-mlb-draft-c279777574

White Sox director of amateur scouting Nick Hostetler spoke of the team targeting the best player available and Madrigal, 21, might be the best hitter or even the best player in this entire class.

"Nick was the guy that we wanted all along," Hostetler said. "I made the comment that I had the guy picked out that I wanted. That was the guy. That's not just lip service either, that's 100 percent the truth. Nick Madrigal is the guy that I've wanted for the last month."
"I can't wait to come out to Chicago," Madrigal said on a Monday conference call. "I've never been there before and I'm excited to see it for myself."

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I acknowledged the scouting reports could be wrong, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess there's a slight difference between scouting 2nd base defense and QB's in the NFL draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This Mitch Trubisky comparison you’re trying to make is truly bizarre...they were nothing alike as draft prospects.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic